Career Officer
# 11
02-19-2014, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloishammer View Post
Thank everyone who said "suck it up" about the whole anniversary grind thing- this is just the next step in that unified plan, hope they like it as well. All hail our Chinese overlords!

Happy anniversary!

Now don't we all feel ever so appreciated?
Commander
# 12
02-19-2014, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefl View Post

As for earning zen... I made over 1.5 million dilithium this past bonus weekend on my account which is more than enough to buy the 9 pack bundle not to mention I had earned 6k in zen previously by converting dilithium I already had. It's not that hard to do and I think a lot of people earned their dilithium in anticipation of using it for this.
Seriously, that IS "THAT HARD TO DO." I played a LOT that weekend. Across 7 characters, I cashed in about 7 rep projects, for about 7x16,000 bonus rep, in addition to running contraband all the time, dumping prisoners, other doffing, and VERY heavy Dyson BZ action, broken up by a significant number of STFs. And I didn't come CLOSE to 1.5M. Of course, I am pathetic, because I:

have a 40-hour per week regular job,
a wife,
and a cat,
don't whizz in a bottle,
cook my own meals,
(out of actual food),
like to occasionally breathe fresh air and see the sun,
and don't have the stamina or the desire to sit at a computer screen for... 96+ hours straight.

Seriously, don't judge others by the ability to play as if you have no responsibilities whatsoever - you are in the minority, and I surely hope the game designers aren't considering people like you anything but statistical outliers.
Please reconsider ARC. Please make it optional, at the least. PLEASE.
It seems the vast majority of your most active players (forum regulars) hate the idea... and while that's a small subset of the playerbase, I think it's an important constituency.
THE PLAYERS DO NOT WANT THIS.
Republic Veteran
# 13
02-19-2014, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by galadiman View Post
Seriously, don't judge others by the ability to play as if you have no responsibilities whatsoever - you are in the minority, and I surely hope the game designers aren't considering people like you anything but statistical outliers.
This!

Oh, and 10k Zen for 9 Lame ships???

This came in my mind...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfUM5xHUY4M
Captain
# 14
02-19-2014, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Seriously, that IS "THAT HARD TO DO." I played a LOT that weekend. Across 7 characters, I cashed in about 7 rep projects, for about 7x16,000 bonus rep, in addition to running contraband all the time, dumping prisoners, other doffing, and VERY heavy Dyson BZ action, broken up by a significant number of STFs. And I didn't come CLOSE to 1.5M. Of course, I am pathetic, because I:

have a 40-hour per week regular job,
a wife,
and a cat,
don't whizz in a bottle,
cook my own meals,
(out of actual food),
like to occasionally breathe fresh air and see the sun,
and don't have the stamina or the desire to sit at a computer screen for... 96+ hours straight.

Dude why haven't you trained your wife to grind dil while you're at work, and she should also be cooking your meals for you ....

Runs and hides in the bomb shelter and cackles madly while hoards of angry women descend upon the thread looking for blood.
C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\banner11.jpg
Captain
# 15
02-19-2014, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Could someone please explain what is the reason for this kind of heavy-handedness? I don't know all that many people who have even 5000 Zen just lying around. I understand that there is a profit motive, I have no problem with that.

But if I can't afford 10k today, and instead purchase one ship, why would you begrudge me the ability to go back later (if I like the ship) and purchase the rest of the pack, and spend MORE than the intended cost to get the 9-pack, or a 3-pack?

Am I reading this incorrectly as nothing more than forcing me to reach into my wallet today or forego a good deal forever? (I understand that this is not a 'need' issue, rather a 'want' issue... but is it getting to the point of pseudo-extortion?)
Tell me, in what other aspects of your life can you choose this option?

If you go to a Grocery Store and they are selling 10 cans of soup for $10.00 or $1.50 per can and you only purchase 4 cans for $6.00 can you return to the store later and demand they give you 6 more cans for $4.00 because you already paid $6.00 for the 4 cans? Of course not.

It is your choice to take advantage of the bargains. If you only have 2,500 Zen for 1 ship then save the other 2,500 and then buy the 3-Pack. Do not rush in to buy 1 ship and then demand they give you a discount later. Control your impulses. The 3-Pack will be here for the life of the game. It is not going away in a month.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Commander
# 16
02-19-2014, 10:34 AM
Because my wife is not a good cook. She excels in... other areas.
It seems the vast majority of your most active players (forum regulars) hate the idea... and while that's a small subset of the playerbase, I think it's an important constituency.
Commander
# 17
02-19-2014, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post

If you go to a Grocery Store and they are selling 10 cans of soup for $10.00 or $1.50 per can and you only purchase 4 cans for $6.00 can you return to the store later and demand they give you 6 more cans for $4.00 because you already paid $6.00 for the 4 cans? Of course not.

It is your choice to take advantage of the bargains. If you only have 2,500 Zen for 1 ship then save the other 2,500 and then buy the 3-Pack. Do not rush in to buy 1 ship and then demand they give you a discount later. Control your impulses. The 3-Pack will be here for the life of the game. It is not going away in a month.
Yup. In Real Life, if I buy one can of soup and pay 1.50, and there is a sale on 10 cans for 10.00, I can then go back and purchase the 10 cans for 10.00. The grocer doesn't say to me, "Ha! YOU bought the ONE CAN - you CANNOT now buy the 10 cans! What do you think I am, stooopid? Now go away and eat TUNA!"

I never asked for the discount. I asked to be able to buy the 9 pack if I buy one ship and then decide I want all 9.
Survivor of Romulus
# 18
02-19-2014, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post

You're shopping in the wrong stores then. At my local Kroger's or Wal-Marx...er, Wal-Mart you can buy as many of whatever "10 for $10" items you like, for $1 each, whether in lots of 10 or 3 at a time, for as long as the "10 for $10" promotion lasts. Must suck to live wherever you are?
Career Officer
# 19
02-19-2014, 10:56 AM
I don't get the big deal, if you don't like it, don't support it.

Does anyone need these ships? They aren't that good, they are a toy you'll put away and play with real ships again in no time. If you don't like the direction the devs are heading then don't support them.

People needing everything they seen kinda gets old fast
Commander
# 20
02-19-2014, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloishammer View Post
You're shopping in the wrong stores then. At my local Kroger's or Wal-Marx...er, Wal-Mart you can buy as many of whatever "10 for $10" items you like, for $1 each, whether in lots of 10 or 3 at a time, for as long as the "10 for $10" promotion lasts. Must suck to live wherever you are?
Oh yeah, I forgot about that detail!