Lt. Commander
The latest patch has introduced what on my system can only be described as "Always On Top". You see, I'm a programmer. I like to program. I program for money. It was that I was working while playing this game (not playing the game when working because it's more during my free time I play, get something in my head that needs coding and go code it real quick then resume). But now I can't do that. I can't multitask because the game's window won't let anything, not Scintilla, not Firefox, nothing be ontop of the window.

Thank you Cryptic. You've crucified a harmless cosmetic feature, gypped my husband and I out of what we paid for (and we paid a lot). And now you've unilaterally decided what I can and cannot do with my time while the game is running. How considerate of you.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 12:00 PM
Please say this isn't true...
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 12:00 PM
It isn't always on top for me. Perhaps you are doing it wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Honestly... if it's that important to have the game up while you do practical things, just get a second monitor. It's more efficient anyhow since you can use all of each screen for separate purposes.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynp7 View Post
It isn't always on top for me. Perhaps you are doing it wrong.
lmfao to that ^

still updating but I hope this isn't true, I do the same multi task while flying to a system or around in sector space....
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Holy moly I hope that isnt true. Aint a game breaker for me, but there's been MAANNNYYY times I have had to alt+tab so I can go check something online, such as directions for a family member, fleet-chat room because server was acting odd, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallurgist
The latest patch has introduced what on my system can only be described as "Always On Top". You see, I'm a programmer. I like to program. I program for money. It was that I was working while playing this game (not playing the game when working because it's more during my free time I play, get something in my head that needs coding and go code it real quick then resume). But now I can't do that. I can't multitask because the game's window won't let anything, not Scintilla, not Firefox, nothing be ontop of the window.

Thank you Cryptic. You've crucified a harmless cosmetic feature, gypped my husband and I out of what we paid for (and we paid a lot). And now you've unilaterally decided what I can and cannot do with my time while the game is running. How considerate of you.
Make sure there is no "Always on top" option setting. I can't remember if there is or not and can't go look now. So might want to check that out. The latest patch might of auto enabled this as default.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaDark View Post
Holy moly I hope that isnt true. Aint a game breaker for me, but there's been MAANNNYYY times I have had to alt+tab so I can go check something online, such as directions for a family member, fleet-chat room because server was acting odd, etc.
I do that all the time without issue. If the new sector has finished loading before I get back, the game is usually sitting at a screen that says something like "Sector Loaded, press any key to continue." I thought that was an awesome feature.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-04-2010, 12:11 PM
This is an absolutely false accusation. I'm running the client right now with this window over it. Make sure you have Windowed Maximized or Windowed selected as your Video Display Mode (in the options menu).
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaDark View Post
Alt-tab is different than what they're talking about, I think. I think they're referring to Windowed Mode in which you could literally have a non-maximized window sitting on top of STO, and you can see STO behind it.

Alt-tab... well at least for me... swaps the window completely; STO minimizes so I can see other things- it's no longer visible anywhere on screen.