Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
02-04-2010, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantMoreKlingons View Post
The whole point of cruisers is to absorb damage, not decloak and fire off a ton of burst damage.
Cruisers, probably not... But thats why we have Battle Cruisers.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
02-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgrind24
Name calling huh? Anyone that does alot of, and is good at PvP has no problem with cloak, Fed or Klingon.
I am simply saying that things ar enot balanced and as such people should offer ideas on how to fix things. For PuG v PuG cloak is a problem for many and there are many other space and ground problems that need fixed as well.

- Static respawns
- Protected spawn points
- Reduction in hold length
- Reduction in expose damage
- Balance light escort and BoP ships to be more in line with other ships (cruisers/science ships including Ktinga and fed ships)
- Promote more objective-based gameplay
oh and
- Add some damn open world pvp!

The problem I personally have with cloaking is that agaonst an alhpa strike I get beat down before I can even do anything. This is either a problem with cloak or a more probable reason of cloak + high burst DPS.

I am an amazing player and anyone who even bothered to PvP in CB or OB would probably recognize my name (although I did prefer ground combat WAY more than space).

So again, whether cloak is the problem or not I am not 100% sure yet, but I think it is a combination of things that is making people cry OP this and OP that. In T1 Klingons were nearly unstopable and it finally became more balanced in T2 and T3, but many changes are still needed to both sides before the game can really become fun IMO.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
02-04-2010, 03:03 PM
I'd prefer that all flames and nonproductive posts be kept out of this thread, if you please, on any side.

The enemy is not Fed or Klingon, it's a combination of ship, map, and rule design that promotes turtling. Turtle-favoring games are ultimately doomed to be unexciting because the winning strategy is not any action, but NON-ACTION. Two teams that want to win will both ball/cloak up and wait.

To that end, I'm suggesting that a turtle-breaker powerup might be a practical (and easily implementable) solution for the arena maps. There are some interesting other solutions being suggested in this thread, and I'm liking some of those too.

But again, don't turn this into a Fed-said-Kling-said affair, because it's not about either of those. It's about ways to force the stalemates to end.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
02-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirte
Funny how cloak isn't a major issue in the KvK battles.

Somebody always acts as bait. Maybe the feds could, I don't know, send somebody out of the ball to get attacked every so often?
OMG there you went and did it... You ruined it for everyone now
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
02-04-2010, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antilles1 View Post
This^^

Totally, KvK space matches are way faster than KvF.
This is simply a lie.

As a Klingon level 33 with more experience PvPing than anyone else who's posted so far, I can say with 100% certainty that cloaking is overpowered and will very likely be nerfed. If they don't nerf it for pvp they'll just give it to federation.

Any Klingon that disagrees is simply ignorant, willfully ignorant, or trolling. Many of the people who you see post against you OP are common self proclaimed "Klingon players" otherwise known as "fanbois" in internet lingo who will simply spout non-sense to try to bring down your initial point, which is valid unlike theirs. But I digress.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
02-04-2010, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgrind24
Simple solution. Don't do deathmatch. Do objective PvP, ground PvP.
then who would do deatmatch with you? as it is fed getting sick of crap like thineeds fixing or it will just be klinks in the arena's- feds wont bother.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
02-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
It's fine as it is , these posts need to stop . The issue has been covered to death. All you real Star Trek fans know it's cannon , all you others are whiners . It's the way the game is designed, get over it and play . When Romulans come you will whine even louder and yes even some Klingons will as well . It still doesn't excuse it. Nothing to see hear or discuss.
Aside from the calling "whiners" part, I have to agree. I've recently dabble in PvP. I have to say i found the encounters tougher than I expected (I'm still a Lt. and did apply the best tactics). As far as cloaking goes, it worked like I expected. A Klingon ship, or ships, would uncloak right on top of me and I'd have only a second to react. That's how it's supposed to be. By the way, blue team won in my last encounter and I broke even in kills/lives. The cloak really wasn't a problem.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
02-04-2010, 10:00 PM
The issue with the Klingon side is not when players attack from cloak. It's when they cloak but do not attack for long periods of time. Sometimes this is unintentional (taking a really long time to pick a target and get into position), other times it's out of spite (intentional delay of game, i.e. griefing).

Either way, the general turtle posture is the problem - if quick action brought better rewards in combat, and if that were made clearer to players, it would inccrease the entertainment value of arena maps in many cases.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
02-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTray View Post
This is simply a lie.

As a Klingon level 33 with more experience PvPing than anyone else who's posted so far, I can say with 100% certainty that cloaking is overpowered and will very likely be nerfed. If they don't nerf it for pvp they'll just give it to federation.

Any Klingon that disagrees is simply ignorant, willfully ignorant, or trolling. Many of the people who you see post against you OP are common self proclaimed "Klingon players" otherwise known as "fanbois" in internet lingo who will simply spout non-sense to try to bring down your initial point, which is valid unlike theirs. But I digress.
Cloaking is NOT overpowered. If you or the Federation people that think it is had half a clue and ran science ships or even regular ships with the right sensor dish set ups they'd be detecting klingons WELL outside their attack range.

In closed beta there were Feddies that figured this out..and Often picked me out for the alpha strike at 15km BEFORE we de-cloaked to attack the designated alpha victim.

People like yourself and the OP want the game to be as simple as WoW where you can ability spam to win without thinking about it...

And that is just plain not fun..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
02-04-2010, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
Cloaking is NOT overpowered. If you or the Federation people that think it is had half a clue and ran science ships or even regular ships with the right sensor dish set ups they'd be detecting klingons WELL outside their attack range.

In closed beta there were Feddies that figured this out..and Often picked me out for the alpha strike at 15km BEFORE we de-cloaked to attack the designated alpha victim.

People like yourself and the OP want the game to be as simple as WoW where you can ability spam to win without thinking about it...

And that is just plain not fun..
Anecdotal evidence isn't an argument. Anything else other than L2P? I hope so because right now your argument is pretty weak. Plus I play Klingon as my main and I'm saying cloaking is OP. How much experience do you have? Would you care to match wits?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:41 PM.