Starfleet Veteran
Will there by a phaser damage-boosting space set in the near future?

Antiproton has the Obelisk space set. Disruptors have the Elachi set. Plasma has the Romulan Singularity Harness set. Polarons have the Dominion space set. Tetryon has both Nukara Munitions and the new Hirogen space weapons set.

Does anyone else find this whole situation "odd?"
Career Officer
# 2
02-19-2014, 02:33 PM
Agree, I don't see them doing it tho. There's been a few "Phased" pieces etc, but every time they play with phasers directly we come up with some really bad stuff like the Aux Phaser Cannons that can only go on a sci ship? <Aux Phaser BEAM would make sense, cannons for a fed sci ship ? .. really?> .. Phased Polarons were nice and there was phased disruptors too. Maybe Phased Anti-proton in the future, perhaps? .. good idea tho.
Captain
# 3
02-19-2014, 02:45 PM
Phasers themselves need a whole redo, some sort of bonus set would do little, gold-plated **** is still ****. Frankly I just went ahead with my Fed Eng in her Avenger to do a plasma build on it.
LtGen. Mara Navar, IKS Rozhenko, Mogh Battle-Cruiser (Orion, KDF Tactical Officer)
VADM T'Prel Movar, RRW Imperator Scimitar Warbird (Fed-Romulan Tactical Officer) - Commissar - Fleet Executive Officer Armageddon Steel Legion
VADM Genestra, USS Audacious, Venture-X Dreadnaught (Betazoid, Fed Engineering Officer)
VADM Lenara Jomm, USS Heraclitus, Vesta Class (Joined Trill, Fed Science Officer)
Captain
# 4
02-19-2014, 03:09 PM
I'm still holding out hope for a Federation and Klingon Reputation.

Unfortunately, I have a hard time seeing it happen with how close a space and ground set would probably be to the Omega Reputation ones(MACO/KHG).

I know your pain though. The only end game Phasers at the moment are fleet ones(I can't justify burning fleet provisions for the sake of vanity like that). Maybe we'll get lucky and see the Hierarchy at some point in the Delta Quadrant. Supposedly, some of their ships used phaser weaponary.
Career Officer
# 5
02-19-2014, 03:24 PM
Once upon a time phasers needed no love. Then people decided they'd rather not live in a world like that and took to these very same forums. Many moons later, we are here, laughing at the puny, withered, and neglected phaser. No set bonus. No consoles to buff its procs. Nobody loves phaser.

There's a lesson in this somewhere. Being good will only be good until those who aren't good get tired of you being good and demand you be made less good. And then you'll never be good again.
Career Officer
I've wondered how/when Cryptic was going to utilize Andoria.

We have the Kumari ships, the dilithium store (prototype) Andorian phasers... How about some more love for Andoria?

After all, we have an ice planet with battlegrounds. Surely there's something more for players that can be added... Maybe a weapons-manufacturing station where crafting efforts can yield a reduced cost Aegis set, or Andorian weapons set, etc.?

Last edited by tucana66; 02-19-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Captain
# 7
02-19-2014, 03:53 PM
I have to agree with this too, Federation technology traditionally revolves around using Phasers, with Klingons, Disruptors. Both of these factions are basically the foundation of what you can consider Star Trek, there should be a reputation and equipment set available for each of them that enhances the functionality of these systems. I know nobody wants another grind but I think it's just a matter of fairness since Romulans already have this setup that the Federation and Klingons get it as well. Also since it has been introduced with the Dyson rep, appropriate cores should be included in the sets.
If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it.
Oh Hell NO to ARC........One Ring to Rule Them all........
Career Officer
# 8
02-19-2014, 03:56 PM
They should just give Aegis a warp core to add somewhat of a minimal incentive into crafting, then make the 4pc bonus a +phaser damage, +phaser proc duration or something.

*Waits to be swept away in flood of pvper tearss...*

"But mom, you don't understand! Shutdowns mean I can't vape!" /memekid
Career Officer
# 9
02-19-2014, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killdozer9211 View Post

*Waits to be swept away in flood of pvper tearss...*

"But mom, you don't understand! Shutdowns mean I can't vape!" /memekid
hahahahahahahaha omfg soo true
look for me in game as "Admiral Quinn" yeah that admiral quinn..and while your at it get off muh station!!!
Captain
# 10
02-19-2014, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
I have to agree with this too, Federation technology traditionally revolves around using Phasers, with Klingons, Disruptors. Both of these factions are basically the foundation of what you can consider Star Trek, there should be a reputation and equipment set available for each of them that enhances the functionality of these systems. I know nobody wants another grind but I think it's just a matter of fairness since Romulans already have this setup that the Federation and Klingons get it as well. Also since it has been introduced with the Dyson rep, appropriate cores should be included in the sets.
I believe they tried to make this with adding the Elite Fleet Disruptors to KDF and Elite Fleet Phasers to Fed Fleets... Doesn't seem to work though^^
Support more story content in STO