PWE Community Manager
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 974
# 1 Season 8 Dev Blog #52
02-19-2014, 03:00 PM
Systems Designer Phil "Gorngonzolla" Zeleski reveals more details about the upcoming Starfleet Advanced Dyson Science Destroyer ships in this entry of the Season 8 News Dev Blog series.


Link to the blog.
Trevor "CaptainSmirk" | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter: @trekonlinegame | "Like" us on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter: @PWECaptainSmirk
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, please file a "Forums and Website" support ticket here.

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 02-20-2014 at 07:20 PM.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,577
# 2
02-19-2014, 03:04 PM
Do those ships actually have any customizable parts? Because looking at those screenshots I'm starting to wonder if the only difference is the hull material...


Also, I'd still like to know - will those ships have access to faction-specific hull materials?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 906
# 3
02-19-2014, 03:04 PM
The Montgomery class isn't the engineering variant? really guys? really>
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,028
# 4
02-19-2014, 03:05 PM
I like the Federation one. Something to look at when I get my Sci Captain up to that level. Thanks for letting it be offered for the ones who couldn't do the Anniversary Event. My weekend only playing wouldn't allow it, due to lack of time. Now I have a chance to get one as well.

Looks like I need to get my Sci Captain going.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 131
# 5
02-19-2014, 03:07 PM
Before th last screenshot says 'Caprimul Class' caption, though it's the Romulan Science variant's name
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 13,724
# 6
02-19-2014, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killdozer9211 View Post
The Montgomery class isn't the engineering variant? really guys? really>
Lol, that has to be a typo, eh? Has to be...lol.

Omega = Tac, Montgomery = Eng, Helios = Sci...sounds right, eh?

Montgomery as the Tac and Omega as the Eng? Lolwut?


Fleet Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer - U.S.S. Arcadia, Benthan Assault Cruiser
U.S.S. Endless, Hazari Destroyer - U.S.S. Deogen, Phantom Intel Escort
U.S.S. Naked Sun, Hirogen Apex Battle Cruiser - U.S.S. K'Dyr, D'Kyr Science Vessel
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 978
# 7
02-19-2014, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
Do those ships actually have any customizable parts? Because looking at those screenshots I'm starting to wonder if the only difference is the hull material...


Also, I'd still like to know - will those ships have access to faction-specific hull materials?
No Faction specific materials, according to this tweet.
Quote:
@WilV79 A high level decision has been made to not allow these ships to use faction-specific materials. Sorry, no dice.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 93
# 8
02-19-2014, 03:10 PM
You guys really should put the secondary deflector and warp/singularity core on the C-store ships. If people are going to pay out the nose just for the consoles, don't also punish them for chasing that tiny obnoxious Q'lones all over creation for two weeks solid too.

They look nice. Please make that "skin" applicable to other ships by adding the visuals to the Solenae Shields. That violent-and-ivory is amazing, and needs to be shared.

Last edited by senselocke; 02-19-2014 at 03:22 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 131
# 9
02-19-2014, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmallm View Post
I like the Federation one. Something to look at when I get my Sci Captain up to that level. Thanks for letting it be offered for the ones who couldn't do the Anniversary Event. My weekend only playing wouldn't allow it, due to lack of time. Now I have a chance to get one as well.

Looks like I need to get my Sci Captain going.
I think the base variants might get their way to Fleet Shipyards, like the Odyssey/Bortas did. But Devs haven't said anything about wether or not it would happen yet.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 13,724
# 10
02-19-2014, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talgeeze View Post
I think the base variants might get their way to Fleet Shipyards, like the Odyssey/Bortas did. But Devs haven't said anything about wether or not it would happen yet.
Got a funny feeling, that what was suggested by a player in another thread's likely to happen, eh? They'll go the Obelisk route with them...


Fleet Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer - U.S.S. Arcadia, Benthan Assault Cruiser
U.S.S. Endless, Hazari Destroyer - U.S.S. Deogen, Phantom Intel Escort
U.S.S. Naked Sun, Hirogen Apex Battle Cruiser - U.S.S. K'Dyr, D'Kyr Science Vessel
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:07 AM.