Lt. Commander
# 11
02-04-2010, 01:42 PM
I would say no. but likely look otherway for a code/item trade between friends. I don't think they want forum auctions for them.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-04-2010, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GavrielBlack View Post
Nix, how much energy do you have? I wouldn't mind throwing you some if you need it.
I have been struggling to get money through this game. Right now I have about 1500. I had nearly 4000 but did a provisions mission and spent 1000 to get 10 provisions. I had a bunch of stuff listed in the exchange but have only sold three things...I don't expect I have the exchange idea down since everyone else is listing items for vast sums of money and I've been listing everything under its value. I haven't MMO'd before so I'm sure there are nuances of this practice which elude me.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShirtedExtra
I would say no. but likely look otherway for a code/item trade between friends. I don't think they want forum auctions for them.
I would still think that would be an infraction of the rules, however, which is why I wanted to ask. I wasn't interested in auctioning anything, I just wanted to pretty-up my starship so I could boldly go where some, but not all, have gone before.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-04-2010, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixboox View Post
I have been struggling to get money through this game. Right now I have about 1500. I had nearly 4000 but did a provisions mission and spent 1000 to get 10 provisions. I had a bunch of stuff listed in the exchange but have only sold three things...I don't expect I have the exchange idea down since everyone else is listing items for vast sums of money and I've been listing everything under its value. I haven't MMO'd before so I'm sure there are nuances of this practice which elude me.
Add me as a friend (@GavrielBlack) and send me a tell. I shall help you out.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixboox View Post
Not to me it doesn't...to me it represents a diet coke. If I had the diet coke in any other cup the cup would still just be garbage when I was done. It would hardly be a problem to give someone else my garbage...
It's value to you is irrelevant. One man's trash is another man's treasure, or so they say. There were people hitting Del Taco and -just- getting the cups with no soda, so to get keys to sell or ask donations for.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikaelus View Post
It's value to you is irrelevant. One man's trash is another man's treasure, or so they say. There were people hitting Del Taco and -just- getting the cups with no soda, so to get keys to sell or ask donations for.
The Ferengi are shameless opportunists, of course.