Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 101
02-05-2010, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savaage
this one is just funny

its obvious that most feds dont know what teamwork is otherwise theyd never loose

me when i get in my fed sci ships and pug i win almost every time why you ask? becuse I HEAL MY TEAM MATES along with having power in aux to detect kligons

and yes the ideal fed team atm is 3 cruiser s and 2 sci ships if all 5 have the right skills kligons will not kill the cruisers and might mange to kill one of the sco shis but wil take 2-3 looses each time

in almost every one of the feds i want to ask how much healying did you do? how much healing did your team do? how mnay sci ships did you have? but the sci ship question was already answered they didnt so the failed

now somthing these people seem to forget is the bop can be a dps ship OR a sci vessle and mostlikly in the above battle 1 or more of those bop was a sci vessle and you had none to counter it if i was making a premade right now there are only 3 configurations(on fed or kligon id role) 5 cruisers, 5 sci ships, or 3 cruisers and 2 sci ships
what do we notice there are no escorts why are there no escorts?
well lets see escorts are all about dps theyplay for themselves not the team in team fighting its all about teamwork and ecorts just dont contribute much to team work as this game is baised to defence def out ways offense every time which is why i amazed at all the qq threds bc feds are MORE deffensive then kligons and if people have a clue about how to play feds will NEVER loose

i play both kligon and fed ive seen both sides have you?
Well considering I was admiral on the Fed side in open beta and I'm 35 on the Klingon side right now I'd say I probably have the most non-bias opinion in here. But please, don't let that stop the hundreds of fanboys from saying "L2P" or calling me a "fed" or all the other equally irrelevant names.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 102
02-05-2010, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTray View Post
Well considering I was admiral on the Fed side in open beta and I'm 35 on the Klingon side right now I'd say I probably have the most non-bias opinion in here. But please, don't let that stop the hundreds of fanboys from saying "L2P" or calling me a "fed" or all the other equally irrelevant names.
since i did none of those things you didnt really read my post did you?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 103
02-05-2010, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savaage
since i did none of those things you didnt really read my post did you?
I definitely read it, what did you want me to respond to? You simply state that support makes teams win. Of course it does, but the main argument is that cloak makes people win more. Your argument is a strawman that ignores the real problem.

Would fed do better if they played more support? Of course, but so would Klingon so you simply throw that argument out as non-valid. You can't compare apples to oranges, to find balance all other control factors must be equal.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 104
02-05-2010, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTray View Post
I definitely read it, what did you want me to respond to? You simply state that support makes teams win. Of course it does, but the main argument is that cloak makes people win more. Your argument is a strawman that ignores the real problem.

Would fed do better if they played more support? Of course, but so would Klingon so you simply throw that argument out as non-valid. You can't compare apples to oranges, to find balance all other control factors must be equal.
Not with the amount of anti cloak skills out there.

People are getting to learn their toons now and what works against cloak.

Sure, if a whole team cloaks you wont get em all, but you may get 1 or 2.

I tend to escape more than I did before because I'm getting better at timing cloak.

It isn't a get out of combat free card like MES was.

I DO go esplodey frequently.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 105
02-05-2010, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
You did it just now. You are just a Troll that does nothing but flamebait, same with other "Klingons" here.
Firstly, you can dispense with calling me a 'klingon.' I do love pvp, and I play pvp on both sides. I am presently playing a fed to cap, waiting for klingon content so I don't outlevel it.

Name-calling and being ignorant aren't going to persuade me, the audience or make you look good. Calling me a troll is namecalling. What I am is adamant that the game is pretty complex, and unfair in both directions. People who play only one side, can only see the unfairness on their side - while enjoying the unfairness they have.

Quote:

I get critcized for being a whiner who is bad at PvP, and yet at the same time confirming what I intiially posted that there is a major imbalance problem, especially when several people clearly said, "Federation Sucks without Science Ships".
Imagine trying to do WoW pvp without healers. Yes, it's the same thing. The feds are stronger in numbers, the kdf is stronger individually, but do not contribute to one another as well.

The KDF has one ship that is a jack of all trades, and can cloak - the feds have ships that are better at specialized roles. Understand that, and adapt and overcome.

Do you not understand that? How can I make it more clear? Winning as a fed means to play the game YOUR way. Denying THAT is your failure, and your lack of understanding.

If you want to play as a potent soloer, go KDF. That's just the way the game is stacked.

I don't know how well you play. You could be great - noone's saying you aren't. What I do know, is you're failing to adapt to the game and demanding it adapt to you, which is not going to happen.

How is it that players on both sides are having fun, and you're still crying? The problem is you, sir.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 106
02-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerbunny View Post
Not with the amount of anti cloak skills out there.

People are getting to learn their toons now and what works against cloak.

Sure, if a whole team cloaks you wont get em all, but you may get 1 or 2.

I tend to escape more than I did before because I'm getting better at timing cloak.

It isn't a get out of combat free card like MES was.

I DO go esplodey frequently.
What anti cloaking skills? Sensor scan that ONLY science players get? Tractor beam? Please tell me what skill allows you to see how many Klingon players are on the map and where they are. There's no counter to cloak right now. What you have are a bunch of very, VERY soft counters.

How was/is MES get out of combat free? How was it any different than the weakest form of cloak that Klingons get for free?

I do appreciate you making my argument for me though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 107
02-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTray View Post
What anti cloaking skills? Sensor scan that ONLY science players get? Tractor beam? Please tell me what skill allows you to see how many Klingon players are on the map and where they are. There's no counter to cloak right now. What you have are a bunch of very, VERY soft counters.

How was/is MES get out of combat free? How was it any different than the weakest form of cloak that Klingons get for free?

I do appreciate you making my argument for me though.
Your ignorance is showing. If you don't know how to detect or break cloak, I for one am not going to tell you. You appear to not really understand -any- of the arguments you are making. What is your point exactly?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 108
02-05-2010, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoOverdose View Post
With the scanner sweep debuff (or rather the perception buff from the skill), a sci console and deflector with +sensors, and 37 aux (25+efficient+impulse engines with + to all power levels+efficient saurian boff), an escort can detect cloaked ships at over 12 km. Just speaking from personal experience.
T3 level science ship

2 science consoles: +15 sensors each
deflector +15 sensors

5 points in the sensors skill

70 aux and definitely less then 10km, I'd say about 6-8km at best. Without the sensor scan iii range is about 2-4km.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 109
02-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
Your ignorance is showing. If you don't know how to detect or break cloak, I for one am not going to tell you. You appear to not really understand -any- of the arguments you are making. What is your point exactly?
Enlighten us about breaking cloak beyond 10km. Really. Go ahead.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 110
02-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bos22
Enlighten us about breaking cloak beyond 10km. Really. Go ahead.
How does that affect the outcome of a fight? They aren't shooting you past 10km.
.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:36 AM.