Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 81
02-05-2010, 04:05 AM
The easiest way i can think of to fix the balance is to alter the queing, make a certain number of slots for each ship class and do not let any more in of that class, For example 2 cruisers , 2 escorts & 2 science ships for federation side and a similarly matched side for the klingons.

And fix cloaking so that once you enter combat you can't recloak in PvP areas so that players can't deny the other side a kill while they hide in cloak & repair then renter combat fresh. But keep cloaking in PvE areas so that you can recloak against NPCs.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 82
02-05-2010, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu.Chan.
If the ballance issues are not fixed the klingons won't have any PvP. Nobody will do it.
And when Premades say that its fine as it is, all the pugs stop playing PvP ?

id say thats a good thing.

bye.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 83
02-05-2010, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu.Chan.
And fix cloaking so that once you enter combat you can't recloak in PvP areas so that players can't deny the other side a kill while they hide in cloak & repair then renter combat fresh. But keep cloaking in PvE areas so that you can recloak against NPCs.
From this i see that you are inexperienced in PvP, cloaking is not a problem. And good teams as Klingons dont cloak until all the Feds are dead.

IF our team looses 2 players, and its 5vs3, then we enginebattery+evasive away. ( but as we play with a premade team, about 5% of the engagements end up us doing a retreat ).

Thus meaning when we are 20km + away, we can cloak even without battlecloak.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 84
02-05-2010, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu.Chan.
The easiest way i can think of to fix the balance is to alter the queing, make a certain number of slots for each ship class and do not let any more in of that class, For example 2 cruisers , 2 escorts & 2 science ships for federation side and a similarly matched side for the klingons.

And fix cloaking so that once you enter combat you can't recloak in PvP areas so that players can't deny the other side a kill while they hide in cloak & repair then renter combat fresh. But keep cloaking in PvE areas so that you can recloak against NPCs.
Are you really this stupid?

When cloaked ..you can't use any abilities and don't regen shields at all...

You repair based on out of combat repair rates for the hull only....

You would never ever have a pvp match at tier one and two as there is nothing but mirandas in tier one, and there are no sci ships or cruisers in tier 2.

I have no words to describe the utter contempt I hold all you federation players in as you have NO IDEA how the game mechanics of this game work.

YOU will ruin this game because YOU refuse to understand, do math or otherwise consider anything other than GOD MODE for me...

Most of you are NOT James T Kirk you are the pathetic shills that James T Kirk shows up to rescue from their own incompetence. Sorry the truth hurts.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 85
02-05-2010, 04:24 AM
Lugh, and in this MMO, Kirk wont save you
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 86
02-05-2010, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlance View Post
Mr. Puggy and his brainstorm.

Talk more after 1000 PvP Team games with a premade.

Thanks bai.
Move along troll
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 87
02-05-2010, 04:41 AM
To rewrite a quote:

When this game closes the 2 remaining players on the server will be a Klingon trying to teach a Fed how the game works...

Seriously I spent an hour in the Crystalline Entity Fleetbattle with 726354 newbies sitting still and letting the large shards hit them, some of them even shooting at the ones I was kiting, drawing the agro away from me (and then dying, healing the Entity again) ... This even after a dozen people told in chat "Dont stand still and let the large shards kill you"... Some people are seriously too stupid to play computer games.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 88
02-05-2010, 04:44 AM
The op is a joke, I'm level 15 and I haven't won a space battle in t2 yet. It's so bad I finally said fugit and switched to ground.... klingon is not anywhere near op in tier 2
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 89
02-05-2010, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aior
Move along troll
You dont even understand how basic statistics are done.

1000 is the minimum amount of base data sources you have to have. ( so the average is semi correct ).

But that can be expected from inexperienced people.

Also when talking about MMOs you need about the same skill factor players on premades to battle each other to see the actual balance problems.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 90
02-05-2010, 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlance View Post
You dont even understand how basic statistics are done.

1000 is the minimum amount of base data sources you have to have. ( so the average is semi correct ).

But that can be expected from inexperienced people.

Also when talking about MMOs you need about the same skill factor players on premades to battle each other to see the actual balance problems.
Ok lets play with this theory of yours.

First you assume you are watching my every move. Watching everything I do in STO. Therefore you have no need to assume, because you know I have not played 1000 matches to have an average idea. This could be easily skewed due to unequal population factors, among the fact that this will not always be a completely random sample size population.

Getting passed all the troublesome issues, letís assume I did play 1000 games. I came here and posted statistics of a w/l ratio as if it means anything. Lets say every error is at a low rate of occurrence in this sample size. That everything is perfect and it showed that Klingons had 25% better chance of winning a game on equal terms.

I then come here and present the all knowing one "you" this information I have collected.

How am I to prove anything to you? Post a screen shot of each game shot I have played with a time shot and a unique position.

You claim the information as false and thus there is no way for me to prove you wrong because you have to simply imply that my information is false without any evidence. Its that easy on forums like these.

Now for some information you can believe or not.

I am an Admiral Rank 5 at the moment. I have been like that for a few days now. I played both Klingon and Federation PvP from beta to now. I have played 100's of matches of PvP both PUG and premade. You can take my experience as that or just keep on insulting everyone who disagrees with you and ask them to do the impossible to prove you wrong.


Even if the Klingons had a button that two hit Federation players, every time. You can still ask for the same information of 1000 games played and we still could not do what you ask to prove to you that the Klingons are over-powered.

So you are either a troll or blindly defending anything to keep yourself happy in the game at other people's expense. Since its hard for me to imagine an experienced MMO player as yourself as someone who would support an over powered race/class/etc. I just assumed you were therefore a troll, and I look forward to your degrading and self thought witty responses.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:02 AM.