Lt. Commander
# 11
02-04-2010, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamWedge View Post
Im talking about the character i made. The image, physical features.
Do you mean the specs in the character editor like hairdo, uniform, size etc? If yes, you were supposed to save them. I used beta to create my captain and bridge crew for the release. Then I dropped my Captain after headstart, because Klingons became available.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-04-2010, 01:15 PM
During Beta we were allowed to load our premade character(s). I just thought that those characters i made would be reloadable.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-04-2010, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Im talking about the character i made. The image, physical features.
You can save a character's appearance in the appearance editor (notice the save and load buttons). Keep in mind that the appearance is tied to race and gender.

If you failed to save your beta character's appearance manually before the wipe then I'm afraid you're out of luck. If you did save it, then assuming you didn't wipe out the files, you can only apply it to a character of the same race and gender.

I did this myself, designing my character's appearance in beta so I wouldn't have to spend that time during launch.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-04-2010, 01:43 PM
You were able to do this in the final week of beta.

They added the save feature in specifically before the end so people could do this.

To do this you had to go to the tailor and click 'save' on your uniform/features.

Then you could load it back.

Sadly it wont work on joined trlls
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-04-2010, 01:54 PM
/deleted lol
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-04-2010, 02:16 PM
OK.. for those of you that said I couldnt do it.... I did do it. Heres how you do it.

If you still have your Beta loaded go in to the STO folder and copy the screen shot folder. I threw together a quick charactor and saved it. Then I dumped the beta screenshot files in to the new screenshot folder. Poof LOAD. Theres the character i made in beta. :p
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Quote:
OK.. for those of you that said I couldnt do it.... I did do it. Heres how you do it.

If you still have your Beta loaded go in to the STO folder and copy the screen shot folder. I threw together a quick charactor and saved it. Then I dumped the beta screenshot files in to the new screenshot folder. Poof LOAD. Theres the character i made in beta. :p
.. you have different folders for your beta and retail version of the game?

You should've just let the game patch up the beta version. Then you wouldn't have two versions of the game cluttering your hard drive, and you wouldn't have had to move folders around to find your costume files.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-04-2010, 02:50 PM
As has been said you had to save the character costume in the tailor.

I did that for a trill character... Shame joined trill counts as a different race :/