Lt. Commander
# 1 Why Name + Handle
02-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Why does everyone have thier character name plus thier Handle? What about when you want to make an alt and not have everyone in the galaxy know it is you? lol
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 02:30 PM
I'm no expert, but I would imagine it would be so you could always name your character whatever you wanted. You'd be pretty ticked if your name was taken minutes before by someone else.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNemesis
I'm no expert, but I would imagine it would be so you could always name your character whatever you wanted. You'd be pretty ticked if your name was taken minutes before by someone else.
I guess. I have never seen an MMO before that annouced to everyone else who your alts were. But so far this seems like a cartoon/disney type of game so maybe they designed it with children in mind.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 02:51 PM
why are you worried about having the same rep across all your toons?

personally it saves me from having to name all my alts and main on different variations of the same name. and i don't have tot ell people "hey it's me dirtyklingon!" and have them worry about me trying to scam or dupe them somehow cuz they're not sure if it's really me or not.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 02:55 PM
For one thing, it deters griefers from anonymously spamming insults and/or derogatory comments. Also, you 'friend' and 'ignore' by the account. I must say, I prefer this method. I've met too many morons in games.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 03:07 PM
I don't particularly care for it...but in all honesty it does avoid the idiots that will make an alt just to troll/spam chat/etc

seeing the handle makes sure everyone KNOWS who you are so that if you act like an A-hole you can't hide behind some alt because you're bored.

Memories of a guy named Tuub on the Dragonblight server in WoW come to mind
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhysling
I guess. I have never seen an MMO before that annouced to everyone else who your alts were. But so far this seems like a cartoon/disney type of game so maybe they designed it with children in mind.
Some reason you feel like hiding from everyone?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2010, 03:27 PM
You can turn off viewing people's handle in the chat options
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-04-2010, 03:51 PM
They do the exact same thing in Guild Wars. when you joined a guild the first toon that you got accepted with is the name that is tagged to all of your alts. And you could only be in one guild no matter hwo many alts you had. I have also noticed that when a person on yoru friends list logs in it jsut says that the account is online and doesnt' say which toon they are playing.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaBoey
You can turn off viewing people's handle in the chat options
That doesn't mean they can't see yours, which I think is the problem the OP has.