Commander
Hello! I am nikkojt and this is a thread for me to post, and interested parties to discuss, my missions. I'm framing them as a sort of series, with recurring characters - namely, the command crew of the titular battle group. Missions will be either standalones, or part of a several-mission "arc", just like Star Trek TV series.

Currently there is one mission available to review, with a second in post-production.

Available general access:
None

Available for reviewers:
A Personal Favour (The Epechi arc, prologue)
Federation, ST-HAOH6LCA6, level 31+

Lonesome Heart (The Epechi arc, part 1)
Federation, ST-HGM9WKQKU, level 31+

Sunset Blues (The Epechi arc, part 2)
Federation, ST-HD5OM2ZDI, level 31+

Queued for release (main production complete)
None

In production:
Renaati's Heroes (standalone as of 18.4.2014)

I will update this thread with new releases.

Edit: note that all missions in this series will use the Sierra uniform as standard. If you want to go for super-immersion, you may wish to put one on yourself when playing them.
I am NikkoJT, Foundry author and terrible player. Follow me!

Last edited by nikkojt; 04-17-2014 at 04:50 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 2
02-08-2014, 01:11 PM
Good luck with your series!
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Commander
# 3
02-10-2014, 10:25 AM
The second mission in the Epechi arc, "Lonesome Heart" is now live for reviewers. It is a Federation level 31+ mission, with ID ST-HGM9WKQKU

In this mission, you'll assist Captain Iresyyj Vanirstoyal in determining why the events of "A Personal Favour" occurred - and discover a couple of plot twists that may need further investigation...
Commander
# 4
03-02-2014, 02:41 PM
I've just published an update to "Lonesome Heart" which significantly overhauls one of the maps, for a much better experience. Feel free to give it a try!
Also of note: "Sunset Blues" is now at a stage where I feel confident enough to release it for review; however, I'm going to hold off on release until the first two missions have a few more reviews.

If you haven't played the mission/don't want spoilers, please DO NOT READ the following update notes!

-

Map overhaul: "USS Chaos Theory engineering"
- Added more engineering crew, plus Lt. Commanders T'Shonaat and T'Raaso
- Added puzzle to final turbolift section
- Added more stuff to Main Engineering and the turbolift hallway, most notably a number of support beams
- Added popup dialogue for nonfunctional west side turbolift
- Added some more camera shake effects for better immersion

Other maps:
"Vulcan System #2"
- Replaced USS Chandral and USS Wren skins with preset appearances to allow more engineer costumes
Commander
# 5
03-04-2014, 01:37 PM
ANOTHER update to Lonesome Heart has just gone live - this one simply upgrades various optional dialogue interactions to use the "Has Default Prompt" option instead of reach markers and popups. I've also taken the opportunity to add a few more of these, but there have been no modifications to the main storyline or any of the map designs.

Now I know this technique, A Personal Favour may receive a similar update shortly.
Commander
# 6
04-17-2014, 04:27 PM
Thanks to some very favourable reviews on Lonesome Heart, I'm putting in some extra work on Sunset Blues and hope to release it tonight or tomorrow!
I'm also happy to announce that my Foundry Challenge #9 mission, Cold Remembrance, is now live for review. While it does not feature any of the Chaos Theory cast, it's a project I'm quite proud of, and the initial contact is your favourite Saurian attache.

One last thing: because I like to get ahead of myself, I've got the concept and story laid down for a new Chaos Theory mission, Renaati's Heroes. It's not part of the Epechi arc, and will probably be a standalone, but since it's still only a list of maps and a few costumes, there's plenty of time for things to change.

Edit: turns out Sunset Blues was more complete than I thought. Now publishing, should be live within the hour!

Last edited by nikkojt; 04-17-2014 at 04:46 PM.
Career Officer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkojt View Post
Hello! I'm back a bit earlier than I thought - I was able to complete testing on Lonesome Heart sooner than expected, so I'd like to submit it for your review.
This one is longer and more complex than A Personal Favour, with some more interesting stuff happening. I just hope I managed to keep the story straight...

Lonesome Heart
Federation, ST-HGM9WKQKU, level 31+, nikkojt

Thanks!
Federation Mission - Lonesome Heart
Author: nikkojt
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: ST-HGM9WKQKU

----------Report Start-----------

Summary: This is a great mission with fun battles and well written story dialogue. If you like a mission with a mixture of combat and well written story dialogue then you will want to play this mission. I would definitely recommend this mission to other players.

I mention triggered dialogue vice NPC optional dialogue that is not required to accomplish the mission. This would be dialogue that is available for the player to read and is located along their path as they move across the map but is not required to accomplish the mission. You can also place it next to mission dialogue. The prompt would appear for the player to click on it and then once the player interacts it disappears. The exception to this would be dialogue that is informational but not required to complete the mission. For example; it refines the player's instructions for locating something on the map that may not be clear in the mission dialogue. I would think this type of dialogue should be rare in a mission. Regular mission dialogue should always be clear on the task at hand.

Below are a few things I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is a good description overall. Consider adding a little more story to draw the player in and make them want to click 'Hail'. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: This grant dialogue is well written but needs a little more story. You need to draw the player in and make them want to click 'Accept'. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue.

Mission Task: Consider adding the start location for the first custom map. I noted no spelling errors with this initial task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
Vulcan System: This is a good map with well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
-Consider changing the optional dialogue to triggered dialogue that goes away after the player interacts with it.

Intercept Point Alpha: This is a good map with balanced battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Intercept Point Charlie: This is a good map with fun battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

USS Chaos Theory Engineering: This is a good map with nice battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
-Consider changing the optional dialogue to triggered dialogue that goes away after the player interacts with it.

USS Chaos Theory Bridge: This is a good map with challenging battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

True Way Hideout: This is a good map with balanced battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Obsidian Order Cruiser: This is a good map with nice battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-Consider changing the optional dialogue to triggered dialogue that goes away after the player interacts with it. Additionally do not have NPCs that have dialogue available moving around. It makes it very hard to read the dialogue when they move away from the player.
-Consider placing a respawn point in the corridor between both battles.

Vulcan System #2: This is a good map with well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:

---------End Report----------

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did a great job and I would have given you 5 stars if the rating system was available..
Brian

This critique report also filed 05/17/2014 on forum posting for: In depth mission reports upon request.
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details.
Commander
# 8
05-18-2014, 03:33 PM
An update to Lonesome Heart has just gone live based on evil70th's feedback. This update contains mostly dialogue fixes and updates, along with a couple of improvements to the initial information - there is no change to the story.

Maps updated:
"Obsidian Order Cruiser" - added respawn point in central corridor.
Commander
# 9
06-25-2014, 01:26 PM
A couple of updates have gone live for Sunset Blues today, fixing clarity issues with dialogue.
A third update is currently publishing, which will resolve a problem that was preventing progression from the first map.

Edit: a fourth update is now live which should actually fix the problem.
For the record, there was no visible issue...it just wasn't working. Had to change the exit type.

Last edited by nikkojt; 06-26-2014 at 10:49 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 10
06-25-2014, 01:45 PM
Third time's the charm XD.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891