Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
02-04-2010, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
Already possible if you bothered to look for the gear skill combos to get it done.
If you're going to say this you simply have to prove it. Until then this is a lie. Post a screenshot of you seeing a cloaked ship at 15km. Go ahead, we'll wait forever.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
02-04-2010, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTray View Post
If you're going to say this you simply have to prove it. Until then this is a lie. Post a screenshot of you seeing a cloaked ship at 15km. Go ahead, we'll wait forever.
Why would I bother. I am not interested in proving to my enemy that he has the solution he refuses to see it...

Keep thinking you can't though I am more than content to keep killing you...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
02-04-2010, 11:40 PM
Gardein, a power that give a idea about there the klingons is hidding is not a bad idea, but where is the klingsons power to counter the fedball?

In DM klingons hide, the fed ball up, no one is taking chances, so it goes stillmate.
Why is this the klingons fualt? becouse their cloak?
I say the feds are griefing as much as the klingons with their fedball as their are ved cloak.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
02-04-2010, 11:41 PM
Search the forums. These things have been answered so many times, builds handed over - tips on what consoles you should be using, where to find them and how.

Or go in game, and read what powers do what, open up your powers tab and see what skills boost them. Think, use whats avaliable to you instead of screaming that somethings broke because its not spoon fed you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
02-04-2010, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by megagame View Post
Gardein, a power that give a idea about there the klingons is hidding is not a bad idea, but where is the klingsons power to counter the fedball?

In DM klingons hide, the fed ball up, no one is taking chances, so it goes stillmate.
Why is this the klingons fualt? becouse their cloak?
I say the feds are griefing as much as the klingons with their fedball as their are ved cloak.
Only if you don't have a klingon willing to set them up as bait ....

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
02-04-2010, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by megagame View Post
Gardein, a power that give a idea about there the klingons is hidding is not a bad idea, but where is the klingsons power to counter the fedball?

In DM klingons hide, the fed ball up, no one is taking chances, so it goes stillmate.
Why is this the klingons fualt? becouse their cloak?
I say the feds are griefing as much as the klingons with their fedball as their are ved cloak.
I've been playing around a little, 5v1 match i was on, uncloaked all the way to the feds, sat 20km away uncloaked. And i still got called a griefer because i wouldnt attack.

Made me curious, so when a team of 3 of us were the only ones to spawn in a match later on, i got us all to sit uncloaked 20km away... still the feds didnt move - at this point i'm thinking none of them know how to click report and see theres only 3v5 and we're all visable, so thinking its a trap there willing to do nothing.

2 different groups of feds and none of them even throught about moving towards us. OK so 5 man premade, form up, again not used cloak at all, park 20km off and wait... and wait... and wait.

Point of this? Not sure, but i found it amusing
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
02-04-2010, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by troggbl View Post
I've been playing around a little, 5v1 match i was on, uncloaked all the way to the feds, sat 20km away uncloaked. And i still got called a griefer because i wouldnt attack.

Made me curious, so when a team of 3 of us were the only ones to spawn in a match later on, i got us all to sit uncloaked 20km away... still the feds didnt move - at this point i'm thinking none of them know how to click report and see theres only 3v5 and we're all visable, so thinking its a trap there willing to do nothing.

2 different groups of feds and none of them even throught about moving towards us. OK so 5 man premade, form up, again not used cloak at all, park 20km off and wait... and wait... and wait.

Point of this? Not sure, but i found it amusing
The point is that most of them are COWARDS. Their ships Garbage scows. If they engaged the klingons they might have their mighty EGO crushed beneath the weight of their own incompetence ...

Because they are so OMGAWESOME in PVE....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
02-04-2010, 11:57 PM
Lugh, I know, that is how I do KvK DM, but FvK is boring as the feds use one tactic only most of the time.

Troggbl, I fine it amusing to, I even seen it a few times myself.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
02-05-2010, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by troggbl View Post
I've been playing around a little, 5v1 match i was on, uncloaked all the way to the feds, sat 20km away uncloaked. And i still got called a griefer because i wouldnt attack.

Made me curious, so when a team of 3 of us were the only ones to spawn in a match later on, i got us all to sit uncloaked 20km away... still the feds didnt move - at this point i'm thinking none of them know how to click report and see theres only 3v5 and we're all visable, so thinking its a trap there willing to do nothing.

2 different groups of feds and none of them even throught about moving towards us. OK so 5 man premade, form up, again not used cloak at all, park 20km off and wait... and wait... and wait.

Point of this? Not sure, but i found it amusing

Feds wont move, they camp the spawn portal area, so when they die or loose 1 player or more, they spawn closer then Klinks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
Odd how Navy Destroyer captains learn how to search by grids to uncover the submarines they cannot see or detect....yet no one here is willing to learn this simple method of uncovering the enemy...
I agree that this would be an interesting solution - but subs had just as poor visibility as the destroyers in the scenario you suggest. In a double blind environment that would work..

The disparity between possible cloak detection range and the range of enemy contact visibility is too great. You would have to try pretty hard to get in the way of a grid pattern search on one of these big maps.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:12 AM.