Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-04-2010, 07:17 PM
1) Give your Science Officer Jam Sensors.

2) When the Mogai gets 6-7 km from you, activate Jam Sensors on it.

3) Kill it before its attack skills recharge.

* If it activates a Heavy Plasma Torpedo at point blank range, use Evasive Maneuvers to gain some distance.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-04-2010, 11:03 PM
Seems kind of cheap, I know, but range 10, 1/4 impulse or less, jam sensors, dual beams, prepare High Yield Torp, watch forward sheet, fire torp when red. If you are lucky, you will get the ship down to less than 50% hull before he even fires a shot. If you are very lucky, you may pop him.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-04-2010, 11:17 PM
Yeah they're strong but I have no real issues with them, but then I fly a Cruiser so I'm pretty tough. It takes me sometime to kill em but I get there. It's fun, a challenge as they should be.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-04-2010, 11:28 PM
Tractor beam + HYT 4 quantum torpedoes will kill one if its shields are down. Normal I just let the heavy plasma torps hit me unless theres more then 2 escorts. Or for maximum HUNOURABLE BATTLE WARRIORLORD mode, Evasive straight at it, Cannon Rapid Fire/Beam Overload, HYT, Tractor, Brace for Impact/other defensive stuff, Ramming Speed. Its feels badass when it works.

But still the ships are way to fast and even while tractor'd then will fly stupidly fast in straight lines.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-05-2010, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
I just cleared clear the last of the Romulan missions.

Zero deaths in space, two on the ground.

Ground deaths happened only because a Guard Captain took me by surprise each time.

I'm pretty sure the Mogai is not over powered. I crushed them easily with a cruiser. It might be that your escort is under-powered.

I do find it ridiculous how this ship, while being 2 to 3 times the size of my cruiser, can run rings around me BEFORE blowing its evasive maneuvers.

Does Starfleet not believe in maneuvering thrusters?
Yeah escort with size or destroyer and speed/agility of racing ship.
I tho found even their photons do crazy damage to shields easy to get from full shield to red in 1-2 sectors (even my quantum with HI wont do 1/10 of their damage to shields).

But overally its not that hard combat just have to use right skills at right time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-05-2010, 12:42 AM
the best solution for an escort is having a buddy in a science ship with him.. remote shield transfer and tractor beam work great.. while the escort focuses on the enemy the science ship concentrates on taking down those torpedoes..

its ur lack of teamwork and the ship you've chosen that make u an easy prey for romulans..

btw.. this is the first time i've seen someone complaining about decent AI in a space ship game.. you should be grateful that they are a challenge and not just flying in circles
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-05-2010, 02:02 AM
TWO KM? And you couldn't shoot it out of the sky? That Plasma Torp overload is a target-able and destroyable entity...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-05-2010, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Specht
the best solution for an escort is having a buddy in a science ship with him.. remote shield transfer and tractor beam work great.. while the escort focuses on the enemy the science ship concentrates on taking down those torpedoes..

its ur lack of teamwork and the ship you've chosen that make u an easy prey for romulans..

btw.. this is the first time i've seen someone complaining about decent AI in a space ship game.. you should be grateful that they are a challenge and not just flying in circles
1 photon salvo kiling all your shields (your own torps dont even scratch) then immediate plasma torp to finish you up can be considered decent AI ?

1 of them i can beat without much problems, but if there are 2 even my cruiser die in matter of seconds.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-05-2010, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
TWO KM? And you couldn't shoot it out of the sky? That Plasma Torp overload is a target-able and destroyable entity...
Thats true, but at point blank range there is nothing you can do, even on bigger range if your weapons are on cooldown bigger then is flightime, plus targeting torps or mines can be problem in bigger fights.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-05-2010, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seilen
1 photon salvo kiling all your shields (your own torps dont even scratch) then immediate plasma torp to finish you up can be considered decent AI ?

1 of them i can beat without much problems, but if there are 2 even my cruiser die in matter of seconds.
thats why you should team up.. whats the problem if some game mechanics force u to play the game with other ppl? this is an MMO and not some single player starship game
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:51 AM.