Lt. Commander
# 1 Looting Pirates
02-04-2010, 02:22 PM
The old MMO trait is back. Looting pirates, and something needs to be done to curb this QUICK. I have so far today in the last 20 minutes lost 4 loot drops to someone weazeling their way in on my combat. I was in the middle of a battle with Klingons and I was not grouped nor did I plan to group. All 4 times I had the ships almost beat and someone closed in at the last second, got a couple of shots in and the loot drop went to them. This person actually followed me around.

I personally think that the loot needs to go to the first person to fire on the enemy unless you are grouped, then the need and greed system should apply. I am all for helping others out but the loot weazel system needs to be fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdouglas View Post
I personally think that the loot needs to go to the first person to fire on the enemy unless you are grouped, then the need and greed system should apply. I am all for helping others out but the loot weazel system needs to be fixed.
That is the way it used to be in STO. I was not aware that it had changed. Not a good change.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 02:34 PM
I thought it was based on most damage dealt.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 02:38 PM
Quote:
The old MMO trait is back. Looting pirates, and something needs to be done to curb this QUICK. I have so far today in the last 20 minutes lost 4 loot drops to someone weazeling their way in on my combat. I was in the middle of a battle with Klingons and I was not grouped nor did I plan to group. All 4 times I had the ships almost beat and someone closed in at the last second, got a couple of shots in and the loot drop went to them. This person actually followed me around.

I follow players and they follow me all the time, I rly like the company myself and sometimes i officially team up and sometimes I dont. I rly dont care about loot too much as I have so many batteries Im set for a while. If you dont want people following you then play instances where only you can be there.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 02:46 PM
set your lfg to no or if you don't mind being the ninja to counter them set loot type to master looter with threshold at common that way you get to chose who gets what loot
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox0311 View Post
I follow players and they follow me all the time, I rly like the company myself and sometimes i officially team up and sometimes I dont. I rly dont care about loot too much as I have so many batteries Im set for a while. If you dont want people following you then play instances where only you can be there.
That is what I am currently doing. I didnt mind it at first because I too didnt care much about loot but I have been having a hard time recently getting some better stuff. The loot I do get is worthless buffs. I am looking for some better Photon or Disrupter weapons. I have yet to get a Quantum Torpedo. It is just a nagging feeling that the loot I didnt get might have been what I was looking for.

I dont mind the company but when I like to play alone I will go off on my own and start a battle. It always seems that right when I get the enemy down to about 25% is when someone makes it in and starts shooting at them. Then they get the loot. This is also why I stopped moving in to help people until the ask for it. I dont want to be the one to steal their loot they were working for.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 02:47 PM
I would have thought most damage done would be the sensible way , not first or last person to shoot as either can be exploited in an open enviroment , first shot would require the mob being bound to you which would possibly include any sp you get , which is also exploitable (seen it in other mmos) especialy in fleet action
other option , random to those that have caused damage , still not a good option as some would just tab all targets to get a shot in
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirv256
set your lfg to no or if you don't mind being the ninja to counter them set loot type to master looter with threshold at common that way you get to chose who gets what loot

It is not that I dont want to group. If I am asked I usually accept. When I am grouped I use greed. I like to give everyone a fair shot at the loot. I am not looking to be greedy and take it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amido
I would have thought most damage done would be the sensible way , not first or last person to shoot as either can be exploited in an open enviroment , first shot would require the mob being bound to you which would possibly include any sp you get , which is also exploitable (seen it in other mmos) especialy in fleet action
other option , random to those that have caused damage , still not a good option as some would just tab all targets to get a shot in
The system I would be happy with either one. I could understand the most damage gets the loot. You have a valid point that tabbing to tag all enemies would be a bad exploit. I would be happy with the most damage dealt. My point is that on all 4 loots I lost I had the enemies down to 15%-25% and someone came in, got a couple phaser shots in (not even a torpedo) and the loot went to them.

Im starting to sound like a whiner and that is not my intention. I just want fair gameplay for all. Either first to shoot or most damage done to the enemy would be better than what it is right now.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Quote:

But would that be worse? Could someone show up and do: TAB SHOOT TAB SHOOT TAB SHOOT, and be the first to hit all your targets and then run away waiting for you to finish the job so he can clean up?