Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Sometimes when loading into a new area, especially the sol system, the game loads as normally for around 80% of the load bar, it then just freezes.

Happened to me yesterday and I left the PC on to see what would happen; 10 minutes it shows the load complete and message to press and any, I pressed a key and I see a message in the console box claiming that I have been afk for 10 minutes and will be kicked if I am afk for 15.

So t seems that during the freeze period the game was actually running on the server end, whilst I was stuck with the loading screen

Happening again now, still on loading screen, but guessing the same will happen again, or I will be kicked if it goes on for 15 minutes.

Anyone else get this problem?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 04:16 PM
Yes, I had exactly the same problem except im also getting it zoning to most sector blocks.

In one session i was stuck at the 99% stage of the bar while the Map is synched or whatever it does and finally the play screen came up prompted by the fact that i'd been disconnected because id been idle for 15 minutes.

It seems with this problem you actually enter the zone and start playing as far as the client os concerned but it doesnt finalise the Loading procedure to let you in.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 04:18 PM
yes, I am having the exact same problem getting to my ship in the Sol system. I just beamed to it for the first time post tutorial form the Earthdock. I have tried starting and exiting the game 4 times now and am still stuck on the loading to Sol screen. I will try later.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Been stuck on Sol for 2 days now, even spent 9 bloody hours asleep waiting to load wake up and facdesk at load screen

GM RESPONSE WOULD BE NICE -.-
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 04:46 PM
Sounds like you got stuck in Limbo. I've seen it happen in other MMOs as well.

I'd make a ticket with another character and request GM help, and explain the issue and how long it's been that way.

If you don't get helped in time, the next time the server goes down for whatever reason, that might fix you too.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 04:48 PM
The "work around" I use for this issue, is to set the graphics slider all the way to the left (the lowest graphics setting). You can put it back after loadfing in.

You may need to do this whenever you try to load into an area with a lot of traffic.

I don't know why it happens, but since my system is old, I figure it has to do with graphics/processing power needed to load eveything up in busy areas.

Hope this helps

PS. You can change the graphics settings before loading the character, if you hit the escape button at the character selection screen.