Lt. Commander
# 1 Dead Crew Babies
02-04-2010, 09:45 PM
I'm going to complain a bit about dead crew regeneration. While I appreciate the resurrection of dead crewmembers for convenience sake, there are realistically only so many replacements to be had on board. While it is technically feasible to rebuild a crew without going to spacedock, this process would literally take decades. I suggest that a permanently dying crew would add great depth to the game, upping the (currently very easy) difficulty and making the management of ship resources much more important (thus steering combat away from being a bit of a button-masher, as I've seen some call it.) Loss of crew already impairs one's ability to fire weapons and repair the ship, which is an ideal thematic element, but the superfast breeding nearly nullifies this element which, as I said, should be a great strategic part of the game.

On teams one might be able to do "crew sharing" amongst fellow team members, to prop up a damaged member of the team without having to wait for a long trip back to Spacedock and back.

On different note but same subject, it would also be ideal to have a limit to the extent that one might be able to repair his ship in the middle of space. On a severely damaged starship a full restoration would take weeks, perhaps (and has, in the shows). Capping in-field repairs at 50-75% would provide a good realism, I believe. Or one could have an "onboard raw materials" reserve that, once depleted through repairs, could only be recharged at a starbase (or with collected resources).
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 09:47 PM
I think the game would be better if an unnamed redshirt gets disintegrated at an atomic level or thrown 100 feet like a ragdoll at the start of every away team mission.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 09:48 PM
I consider them injured and I have a crack medical staff on board
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qoojo
I consider them injured and I have a crack medical staff on board
That's what the "yellow" ones are, after a goodly shock. Injured crew that gets patched up and thrown back into action. :p
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinimumWarp View Post
I think the game would be better if an unnamed redshirt gets disintegrated at an atomic level or thrown 100 feet like a ragdoll at the start of every away team mission.
i was highly disappointed when, during an exploration mission, I beamed down to scan 10 foot tall carniverous plants... and they didn't even devour a single redshirt!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 10:01 PM
this argument has been dismissed. The fiction is that in the future you have a holographic and infinite crew.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 10:06 PM
Nowhere does it say you have a holographic, infinite crew. This argument has NOT been dismissed.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2010, 10:10 PM
I want to see torps cause a hull breach and then see little tiny crewmen floating around in space and then decompress and asplode. Please add this right away. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-04-2010, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroguex View Post
Nowhere does it say you have a holographic, infinite crew. This argument has NOT been dismissed.
You think I tell you lies just to yank your chain? Do your own research. That's the answer given whether you like it or not.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezzir View Post
I want to see torps cause a hull breach and then see little tiny crewmen floating around in space and then decompress and asplode. Please add this right away. Thanks.
/signed