Ensign
# 1 C-Store Respec Skills Token
02-21-2014, 01:40 PM
Hello, I bought a respec token from the C-Store and I don't see it anywhere, and when I visit the skill trainer, the games acts like I never purchased one, even though I did! Did I waste money or is there a way to activate it?
Ensign
# 2
04-01-2014, 01:00 PM
I also have this question. I bought the retrain bundle as i specced all sorts of wrong, being new to the game. I also bought 2 other items, and none of those purchases are anywhere to be seen. I've checked mail, inventory, c-store, spacedock trainers, everything I can think of to retrieve my purchases. Anyone else know what might have happened here? Would I be better off just contacting GM in game? Help for a new player would be appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-01-2014, 01:06 PM
I've lost respec tokens by clicking on the respec contact and then canceling or Xing out of the window. I've learned my lesson and won't be buy any more respec tokens again. My characters are stuck with what they've got.
Check out my federation foundry missions:
Requiem for a Dream (1/2) & Requiem for a Dream (2/2)

^ Foundry wip
Lieutenant
# 4
04-01-2014, 03:22 PM
Off topic, but speaking of respec tokens, their current price is in the realm of gouging. With new ships and gear available all the time, in addition to wanting to really dial your tree in, I find myself always wanting to respec. Perhaps a 25k dilithium store item would be good, but I spend enough zen as it is. Lower the price prz
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-01-2014, 03:26 PM
Respecs will be free shortly (season 9). I will use the freebies I have been hoarding but it would seem foolish to buy any now unless I was somehow destitute for fresh skills.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-01-2014, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nccmark View Post
Respecs will be free shortly (season 9). I will use the freebies I have been hoarding but it would seem foolish to buy any now unless I was somehow destitute for fresh skills.
Reputation respecs will be. But we are talking about skill respecs. Will they be free as well?
Check out my federation foundry missions:
Requiem for a Dream (1/2) & Requiem for a Dream (2/2)

^ Foundry wip
Lieutenant
# 7
04-02-2014, 02:27 PM
It would be nice if became free. I know they make money off of them, but I know they would make more off of me if it was free. Itís one of those things that really bugged me about champions and then sto. I know I can get a build off the forums or some site or go to the test server. But it would be nice to simply be able to test stuff myself in game and be done with it. Itís always felt like experimentation and trying different things is being punished.

As for making more money. If I could tailor my skills for my ship without having to pay for it each time I would buy a lot more ships, knowing I could take advantage of the ships down the road. As it now I avoid ships I donít think already would fit the build I have. I do have at least 6 or 8 tokens on all my toons but like a lot I will not use them in case I one day really need to.
Lieutenant
# 8
04-02-2014, 06:20 PM
Judging by the April 3 release notes, they'll still be charging for the captain tokens. So @ 130 dilithium per zen and a price of 500 zen, they run 65000 dilithium, or ~8 days of farming and refining for 1 character. That's too steep
Ensign
# 9
04-04-2014, 05:26 PM
I hope for the day captain skill respecs won't be charged a fee. I'd really like to be able to hop into ESD or Qo'noS and go to trainer to adjust without having buy. Might be able to fine tune some things as well. I guess I just come from other MMO's that such a thing as skill retraining is just a normal part of game play.