Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 126
# 1 Please fix the broken DOFFs
02-21-2014, 06:36 PM
When will the broken unusable DOFFs be finally fixed? like many others this problem is known for a long long time.

Those DOFFs are undismissable and unusable they just take up our slots, it must be fixed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 208
# 2
03-01-2014, 10:39 PM
Yeah they sure are annoying.
Although you CAN mail them to some other poor guy
Ensign
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2
# 3 DOff from the Exchange
03-06-2014, 11:46 AM
Would these be DOffs purchased on the Exchange? I recently bought a few DOffs from the Exchange so I could accomplish a Diplomatic Mission, only to discover that, while the DOffs are taking up space in my roster, they are completely unusable for missions. Any missions.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 882
# 4
03-06-2014, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesaw70 View Post
Would these be DOffs purchased on the Exchange? I recently bought a few DOffs from the Exchange so I could accomplish a Diplomatic Mission, only to discover that, while the DOffs are taking up space in my roster, they are completely unusable for missions. Any missions.
I can't post mine on the exchange.

He can't be assigned, put on duty, dismissed, sold, mailed, contributed. There's probably other things he can't do, but that's all I can think of.

I don't expect it to be fixed as long as there's doff roster expansion slots to be sold.
Community Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,198
# 5
03-07-2014, 11:18 AM
First, if you bought them off the Exchange are you sure that they aren't the wrong faction?

For example, the DOFF's you can get from the Fed defector assignments look like they're KDF but they're really Fed. Vice versa for KDF defectors.

Romulan DOFF's can be REALLY confusing... they can be either Fed or KDF depending on the faction of the person who claimed them.

If they don't match your faction, you usually can't use them (though some of the fleet projects seem to be more forgiving)

If you can rule that out, you should post details of the DOFFs you can't use (name, quality, specialization) along with the faction you belong to. The Devs usually need specific information to fix DOFF issues.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,769
# 6
03-07-2014, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
First, if you bought them off the Exchange are you sure that they aren't the wrong faction?

For example, the DOFF's you can get from the Fed defector assignments look like they're KDF but they're really Fed. Vice versa for KDF defectors.

Romulan DOFF's can be REALLY confusing... they can be either Fed or KDF depending on the faction of the person who claimed them.

If they don't match your faction, you usually can't use them (though some of the fleet projects seem to be more forgiving)

If you can rule that out, you should post details of the DOFFs you can't use (name, quality, specialization) along with the faction you belong to. The Devs usually need specific information to fix DOFF issues.
I have a green Energy Weapons Officer Doff, on one character, a green Conn Officer Doff on another - all with the same problems described above, and first noticed the issue after the S8 launch patch. The player characters are Fed, and the doffs are all Fed faction. I've filed multiple bug reports in game - in detail, but to date, the Devs have not even acknowledged the corrupt Doff situation as a known or issue being investigated to date.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Commander
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 377
# 7
03-07-2014, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
First, if you bought them off the Exchange are you sure that they aren't the wrong faction?

For example, the DOFF's you can get from the Fed defector assignments look like they're KDF but they're really Fed. Vice versa for KDF defectors.

Romulan DOFF's can be REALLY confusing... they can be either Fed or KDF depending on the faction of the person who claimed them.

If they don't match your faction, you usually can't use them (though some of the fleet projects seem to be more forgiving)

If you can rule that out, you should post details of the DOFFs you can't use (name, quality, specialization) along with the faction you belong to. The Devs usually need specific information to fix DOFF issues.
*sigh* This issue has been raised multiple times. There are MANY bug reports about it. Quite a few of them have been buried because the first people to post make ill informed assumptions like yours and think people don't know to check the correct doff faction before reporting this bug.

Also, your information about Romulan doffs is wrong. Romulan FACTION (not species, faction) can be used by both Fed and KDF aligned Romulans, I share Romulan faction doffs between my characters all the time. What's important is noting the faction of the doff (the little icon in the upper right side of the portrait), not the species of the doff.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 207
# 8
03-07-2014, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
you should post details of the DOFFs you can't use (name, quality, specialization) along with the faction you belong to. The Devs usually need specific information to fix DOFF issues.
Community Rep asks for specific information.

Name of DOff.
Quality of DOff.
Specialization of DOff.
Faction that Captain belongs to.

One player gives Quality, Specialization and Faction information ... but no DOff Names (plural). Without DOff Name(s), issue cannot be addressed by Developers.

C'mon people ... this shouldn't be that hard to comply with ...
Commander
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 377
# 9
03-07-2014, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnturning View Post
Community Rep asks for specific information.

Name of DOff.
Quality of DOff.
Specialization of DOff.
Faction that Captain belongs to.

One player gives Quality, Specialization and Faction information ... but no DOff Names (plural). Without DOff Name(s), issue cannot be addressed by Developers.

C'mon people ... this shouldn't be that hard to comply with ...
Oh you mean like this bug report that's been ignored for months? http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=742311

Or maybe this one with fully documented screenshots of exactly what's broken? http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=820461

What's the point of complying when we have already given detailed documentation of exactly what's wrong sitting in the bug report forums for months?

Last edited by no09dysonsphere; 03-07-2014 at 02:46 PM.
Ensign
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1
# 10 I have 5 that are Broken
03-09-2014, 11:08 AM
I have 5 that are broken. these are all Federation.

Gun, Ferengi, Blue, Doctor
Selet, Vulcan, Blue, Biochemist
M'Rekk, Caitian, Green, Counselor
Lanhe, Ferengi, Blue, Phtotonic Studies Scientist
Uchtoo, Ferengi, Green, Fabrication Engineer

At one point, I was able to use these. Gun is a very unique name. I know i've sent him on missions before. I can say that all three of the Ferengi were traded from my Ferengi Fed but they are now nontradable.

There is more than enough information for R&D to look at these and figure out the problem. As precious as doff slots are, it's a pretty big deal that these get fixed.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:25 PM.