Lt. Commander
I noticed this in the patch notes and... well I find it a little odd.

Why is it I cannot leave spare BOFFs for my fleetmates; but I can sell the BOFFs on the AH? I mean before, we could all just go up to the fleet bank, drop our spares in, and take any we saw as useful - it was basically an officer exchange pool within the fleet. Basically everyone helping everyone, just like we do with equipment.

Now... if I want to share a new BOFF I can't use with the fleet, I have to ask them when I get said BOFF, and if no one responds, I either sit on it and ask again later; or put it up on the AH.

I don't exactly understand the logic behind this - trading BOFFs is, from all indication, something Cryptic has indicated in interviews that it wants to encourage, right? So why make it harder for me to trade said BOFFs to my fleet mates? I mean clearly it doesn't *stop* me from giving it to them - it's just an extra layer of inconvenience that the AH doesn't have... and I cannot fathom the why of it.

I mean I'd understand if someone said 'There's a bug with BOs and the bank and allowing them together is causing massive server loads" or something - I'd understand that; but the change sans-explanation is...weird.

Can we at least get an explanation?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistformsquirrel
I noticed this in the patch notes and... well I find it a little odd.

Why is it I cannot leave spare BOFFs for my fleetmates; but I can sell the BOFFs on the AH? I mean before, we could all just go up to the fleet bank, drop our spares in, and take any we saw as useful - it was basically an officer exchange pool within the fleet. Basically everyone helping everyone, just like we do with equipment.

Now... if I want to share a new BOFF I can't use with the fleet, I have to ask them when I get said BOFF, and if no one responds, I either sit on it and ask again later; or put it up on the AH.

I don't exactly understand the logic behind this - trading BOFFs is, from all indication, something Cryptic has indicated in interviews that it wants to encourage, right? So why make it harder for me to trade said BOFFs to my fleet mates? I mean clearly it doesn't *stop* me from giving it to them - it's just an extra layer of inconvenience that the AH doesn't have... and I cannot fathom the why of it.

I mean I'd understand if someone said 'There's a bug with BOs and the bank and allowing them together is causing massive server loads" or something - I'd understand that; but the change sans-explanation is...weird.

Can we at least get an explanation?
At times, this is probably one of the worst documented games I've ever played.