Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Ensign
# 11
02-23-2014, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghyudt View Post
I don't do much in PvP. Never really liked it. But taking a galaxy through a pve match is a blast. There's nothing like being able to tank through a crystalline entity shockwave. I've flown many ships in my time here, but none matches my experience with the galaxy. Can't wait to get the fleet version.
I'm not much for pvp either. I have never flown a Defiant, but I do have an Intrepid, though it gets used infrequently, but man I do love my Gal R. I know it's not the best tank in the game, but I love it anyway. And yes, it can take a tremendous beating. That being said, my favorite moment in my Galaxy was soloing Klingon scout force without dying. Thought I would give it a go solo, took me about 45-50 minutes but I managed to beat it without one single respawn. The I.K.S. Kaarg and his armada at the end was tricky, but I still got them too, and again, no deaths. I don't care who wants to hate on the Galaxy, I love it.
"To secure peace is to prepare for war."
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
02-24-2014, 06:26 AM
This are the 3 most iconic ships of Star Trek availible as an end-game ship. (Constitution & NX completing the roster of iconic ships)
As a huge TNG & Galaxy fan, I usually use my Gal a lot more often than the others. I just love that ship and what it represents.

It's all good fun - granted it's not your best damage dealer, but then again I'm not in the slightest obsessed with DPS. And it suits what I want to do perfectlly - not to blow up. Literally, the ship is a flying fortress, I love the amount of tanking it can do and I love the fact that I'm allways able to exit an hostile encounter in one piece. Even if it took a lot of time to finish that encounter.

Best laugh I ever had with my Galaxy? Going Picard solo on a tactical cube, saucer separation and all, piercing it with phasers untill it blew up.
Looking for a genuine Star Trek experience?
Join the Klingon Empire! It will be glorious!
Captain
# 13
02-24-2014, 07:27 AM
Based on the UGC Podcast last month the Intrepid is supposedly getting some updates around Season 9.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Lieutenant
# 14
02-24-2014, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghyudt View Post
I don't do much in PvP. Never really liked it. But taking a galaxy through a pve match is a blast. There's nothing like being able to tank through a crystalline entity shockwave. I've flown many ships in my time here, but none matches my experience with the galaxy. Can't wait to get the fleet version.
Odyssey does this, but better. It's a little more ponderous, but an RCS console and turn-enhancing impulse almost negates that. It's tough like the Galaxy, yet it really packs a harder punch (especially the Tactical Oddy). What good is it to last a long time in a fight if you're not returning damage?
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
02-24-2014, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undedavenger View Post
Odyssey does this, but better. It's a little more ponderous, but an RCS console and turn-enhancing impulse almost negates that. It's tough like the Galaxy, yet it really packs a harder punch (especially the Tactical Oddy). What good is it to last a long time in a fight if you're not returning damage?
Dude, it's the 'Big Three' apreciation thread. I thought the title was a dead giveaway.
Looking for a genuine Star Trek experience?
Join the Klingon Empire! It will be glorious!
Captain
# 16
02-24-2014, 10:38 AM
I only use canon ships on my characters, although the only "big one" is the Explorer on my main, although it has become a Venture-Type refit in the meantime (mostly because I like the 2409 refit designs and because the Galaxy model really shows it's age in comparision to the nicer ship models introduced later on). The other ships I use are a Nebula on my Sci and a Cheyenne on my fed tac as well as a Negh'Var on my Klingon.

The most epic moment is probably that I prevail through everything with the Explorer and enjoy the game while so many people whine how bad and useless she is Of course the class has problems, especially due to the change of paste and the power creep introduced in the game, but just raging that it's a useless ship shows a lack of creativity in my opinion.
-> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- -> Click if you prefer the old forum design! <-
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
Lieutenant
# 17
03-21-2014, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Dude, it's the 'Big Three' apreciation thread. I thought the title was a dead giveaway.
Because in STO, the Galaxy is nowhere near "Big 3" status. The Odyssey, Sovereign, and a few others totally eclipse it.

Pointless thread is pointless.
Captain
# 18
03-21-2014, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undedavenger View Post
Because in STO, the Galaxy is nowhere near "Big 3" status. The Odyssey, Sovereign, and a few others totally eclipse it.

Pointless thread is pointless.
Of course the Sovereign and Odyssey would have eclipsed the Galaxy in canon too.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 19
03-21-2014, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by latiasracer View Post
I lasted about 3 minutes but eventually went down. Pretty awesome for a ship that's considered the worst in the game
So the best thing a player can say about the Galaxy class is that he enjoyed lasting a short while before being blown up. A poet could not sum up the uselessness of the Galaxy more elegantly than this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
So yes... you could get everything here for free.

Just like you can get a free steak dinner by collecting dropped pennies in the parking lot.
Captain
# 20
03-21-2014, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emacsheadroom View Post
So the best thing a player can say about the Galaxy class is that he enjoyed lasting a short while before being blown up. A poet could not sum up the uselessness of the Galaxy more elegantly than this.
You don't have to win every battle to have fun in the game.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q