Lt. Commander
# 1 T2 cruiser versus Vorcha
02-04-2010, 04:34 PM
In City on the Edge of Never, I fought a Vor'Cha, just now. I applaud Cryptic for trying to make the fights more difficult but this was ridiculous. Not ridiculously hard, but long, so long it was almost tedious. The defences of the Vor'cha were regenerating at an extremely fast rate, prolonging fhe battle to an absurd degree.

I think the Vor'cha should have the same over all strength but distributed a little differently, so the fight is zippier but still just as hard. Over all slightly weaker shields with far higher hit points and much less regeneration, with somewhat stronger weapons. The problem with quick regeneration shields is that it reduces the sense of progress against enemies. By having more hitpoints and less regeneration, things may seem harder but there is a far more distinct sense of progress.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Did you try full power to weapons? I had the same problem with the pre-nerfpatch battleships, I was trying on full defense, and they would eventually beat me. Full power to weapons, I was able to crack their defense faster and kill them before I was killed.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Yeah, they can be annoying but fortunately they aren't near as bad as some of the ground NPCs.

Its the NPCs that have 1600 shields and 1400 HP on the ground that are absurd.

Here you are, Captain of your away team and you all have 25 dps weapons equipped...
There they are with 40+ dps weapons equipped, the above mentioned health and shield counts, and the CONSTANT use of Shield Regen ability.

It took me 15 minutes to kill 2 stupid Romulans because of their absurd health and shield pools.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 06:04 PM
If they hav not changed it since headstart the ships you were facing are D7's and a Raptor(worvig). At least I cannot remember seing a Vor'cha there.
Well anyway its easy, at least for cruisers.