Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I'm a Science Officer if that makes any difference.

The description for Starship Torpedo Weapons says that you gain the ability to train BOs at rank 9. When I got it as a Lt. Cmd, I just assumed that I couldn't train them because it was pointless to do so at that point anyway. Now, as a Commander, I still can't do it.

On the flip side, Doctor doesn't say that it grants Science Team III at rank 9 but Scientist does state it. When I got rank 9 Doctor, I unlocked Science Team III and I don't have a point into Scientist at all.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 04:47 PM
Hi, your captain's career restricts the training you can give to your officers. So even if you unlock the ability to train a tactical ability, as a science officer you can only train science skills onto your fellow science officers.

The Doctor and Scientist tooltip inaccuracy is a known bug, so I recommend filing a bug report in-game and clicking 'I Have This Issue' if you find a matching ticket. Otherwise start a new ticket.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
Hi, your captain's career restricts the training you can give to your officers. So even if you unlock the ability to train a tactical ability, as a science officer you can only train science skills onto your fellow science officers.
That's a good thing for me to take note of, thanks!