Lt. Commander
# 1 Favorite Star Trek Movie?
02-04-2010, 06:01 PM
What is your favorite Star Trek movie and why?

It can be any movie from from TMP to the new Abrams flick. Include any dialogue, quotes, or storyline that makes it special to you.

To make this post more interesting let's add some trivia.

I also have an extra Del Taco Shuttle/Trial code for the first person who can tell me, what that "Old Klingon Proverb" is.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 06:25 PM
I'll pass on the trivia since I have a shuttle already.

Favorite Trek movie is Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. Though Abrams' film is a VERY close second. Maybe my favorite Trek film of the 21st century? :p

Oh yeah, why: WoK is what a Star Trek *film* should be, with action and excitement, which the first film lacked. Trek 2009 is the sequel that came the closest to being like WoK.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 06:25 PM
the new Star Trek flick came really close, cuz it's really good...

but my favorite remains First Contact
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 06:45 PM
The klingon proverb is of course 'bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'', but as I can live without a Del Taco Shuttle I'll leave it to someone else to go into detail about this and earn the code.

Best movie must have been Star Trek VI, The Undiscovered Country. Maybe because it was the first Star Trek movie I've actually seen in the cinema. Insurrection would come in as a second, if only Riker would have let that joystick where it belongs: hidden.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 06:48 PM
First Contact for me...by a long shot. The second would have to be The Voyage Home. I love the scene where Chekov and Uhura are looking for the "nuclear wessels".

As for Klingon proverbs, I know of two. "Revenge is a dish best served cold" and "A thousand throats may be slit on one night by a running man".

For me, Trek '09 wasn't nearly the best that Trek can offer. I've described it as Star Trek according to Star Wars. Don't get me wrong, I like Star Wars almost as much as Star Trek, but I prefer them separate.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Everything but Abrams' new movie, I don't consider that to be Star Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 07:25 PM
It's a tie between The Motion Picture and the new Star Trek.

-
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raccoon_king View Post
First Contact for me...by a long shot. The second would have to be The Voyage Home. I love the scene where Chekov and Uhura are looking for the "nuclear wessels".

As for Klingon proverbs, I know of two. "Revenge is a dish best served cold" and "A thousand throats may be slit on one night by a running man".

For me, Trek '09 wasn't nearly the best that Trek can offer. I've described it as Star Trek according to Star Wars. Don't get me wrong, I like Star Wars almost as much as Star Trek, but I prefer them separate.
Thanks for playing and congrats racoon_king. I PM'd your code.

"bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay' "
or translated into english "Revenge is a dish best served cold"
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Undiscovered COuntry slightly edges over First Contact for my number 1, mainly for the well written plot, and the literary and historical references in the movie......
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-04-2010, 08:02 PM
The Wrath of Khan.