Lt. Commander
# 51
03-05-2010, 06:07 AM
First Contact - I just think it represented Star Trek very well.
Star Trek (2009) - I think TNG took a lot of the fight from the ST world and this put some back in.
The Search for Spock - The Enterprise blowing up was very emotional for me.
Wrath of Khan
The Undiscovered Country
Lt. Commander
# 52
03-05-2010, 06:29 AM
I really enjoyed Insurrection. I thought it was a good mix of diplomacy and action.

I also like the latest one, as most people don't really like diplomacy. Obama is President of the United States, so therefore we have already "won" politics and are bored with it now. The new reboot gives us action. Action is fun. People pay for things that are fun. STO pretty much did the same with that theory.
Lt. Commander
# 53
03-05-2010, 06:37 AM
Wrath of Khan.

And TMP never happened, got it?
Lt. Commander
# 54
03-05-2010, 07:02 AM
If you approach TMP as a 2001 type film, then as said before, you can appreciate the long drawn out scenes. Have to admit it has nostalgic meaning for me, seeing the Enterprise in spacedock on the big screen, that was and still is the highlight of the movie for me.

I see TWoK and Search for Spock as a Part 1/Part 2, and even though I like most of the rest highly, they are still my favorites. Solid acting, plot, special effects, and the music is perfect.

"You've managed to kill just about everyone else, but like a poor marksman, you...keep...missing....the....target."

The new movie was okay...but I think if I saw it second time, that would definitely be the last, as I'd tear it apart in my mind so I couldn't accept it as being part of the Trek world. Sadly, I think my most favorite part of that movie would probably be the beginning, with the Kelvin, and it goes downhill there.
Lt. Commander
# 55
03-05-2010, 08:18 AM
Star Trek (2009): The scene where Kirk cheats at the Kobayashi Maru scenario.

Star Trek: First Contact: For the opening space battle scene with The Borg.

Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan: For the ever popular scene when Kirk yells out Khan's name through his communicator.

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home: The scene where Kirk teaches Spock about colorful metaphors.
Lt. Commander
# 56
07-08-2010, 03:27 PM
Wrath of Khaan cause it always was, always will be the best of Trek.
The dialogue was awesome, best in the trek medium.
And the acting was awesome. even my namesake and hero delivered his lines with feeling and pomp.
it was made of win.

thank you for the forums
have a good one
Lt. Commander
# 57
07-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Voyage Home and Undiscovered Country
Lt. Commander
# 58
07-09-2010, 10:48 AM
There's not a Trek movie I don't like but I have to give it to Star Trek '09 for really revitalizing my interest in Star Trek altogether. The story and plot are so very creative in that they didn't just simply give us a prequel; rather a new timeline that allows us to enjoy the original greats with a new sense of adventure since their fates aren't set in stone,,, yet at the same time still falls into the same trek canon that the mirror universe does!

You have the TOS crew fighting a post Nemesis Romulan threat with Borg hybrid technology! How do people really hate on this movie? The haters are a parrallel to the TOS fans that hated TNG when it first aired. Anyways, ST XI is my pick and without it blowing me away in theatres, I wouldnt have revisted trek and in the past year, bought all 11 blurays as well as a STO lifetime membership because before it, Star Trek had kinda fallen off my radar for sometime.
Lt. Commander
# 59
07-10-2010, 07:18 AM
I've got to give it to Undiscovered Country. It's the perfect Star Trek story. Interstellar diplomacy, intrigue, Starship combat, prison break, it has it all! First Contact comes in a close second.