Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
I remember reading that the borg bridge officer would have a special skill. (something to do with their nanites) I got my borg bridge officer today and it has no special skills. The only thing this borg has that any other bridge officer doesnt have is borg pants, borg shirt and borg eyepiece. Other than that, its just a normal bridge officer. I thought i was getting something with special abilities, like was told to us when they were describing pre-order bonuses.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 10:30 PM
/facepalm.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 10:33 PM
um...yeah thanks
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peil
um...yeah thanks
The Borg with the nanites special abilities is the Liberated Borg that's a playable race you get for having signed up for a lifetime sub. This is a common error in understanding. The devs stickied a post about this very topic somewhere.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAQ
Borg Bridge Officer
Each character created receives a reclaimed Borg Bridge Officer to assist him in space and on the ground. The Borg Bridge Officer possesses unique abilities not otherwise available to players. Bridge Officers can serve with the players for the entire game experience. These special Officers are customizable and have the following starting powers:

Ground Abilities

Ensign: Shield Recharge 1
Lieutenant: Weapons Malfunction II
Lt. Commander: Shield Generator Malfunction II
Commander: Reroute Power to Shields III

Space Abilities

Ensign: Emergency Power to Shields I
Lieutenant: Engineering Team II
Lt. Commander: Directed Energy Modulation II
Commander: Aceton Field III
Thats from the FAQ - http://www.startrekonline.com/exclusives
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannlore View Post
The Borg with special abilities is the Liberated Borg that's a playable race you get for having signed up for a lifetime sub. This is a common error in understanding. The devs stickied a post about this very topic somewhere.
Actually, the pre-order borg bridge officer is ALSO supposed to have special traits as well, as has been documented time and time again. But thankfully, Cryptic just released a statement that said:
Quote:
Hey guys! We wanted to all let you know that we've made a great discovery in researching the missing traits on the Borg Bridge Officers.

They actually are not even missing their skills. There is a bug involved here, but fortunately the bug is that those skills are not displaying on the character. The skills should be there, and should even be getting used by the bridge officer in fact.

We made a mention of this earlier in another thread, but we want to make absolutely sure to get the message out to everyone.

Thanks guys for your patience!

So there you have it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by balash View Post
Actually, the pre-order borg bridge officer is ALSO supposed to have special traits as well, as has been documented time and time again. But thankfully, Cryptic just released a statement that said:

So there you have it.
Yeah...they probably just said that to fool us. Here is your borg...they really have those special skills and it just so happens that the skills look exactly like the regular BO skills, but we promise that they are really borg nanite skills. (even though they look exactly like the skills that are stated there)
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peil
Yeah...they probably just said that to fool us. Here is your borg...they really have those special skills and it just so happens that the skills look exactly like the regular BO skills, but we promise that they are really borg nanite skills. (even though they look exactly like the skills that are stated there)
Sorry for my earlier attitude.

This is probably the seventh thread I've seen on this topic since this morning. There are stickies everywhere concerning this, if one looks in the correct forums.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2010, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telaura View Post
Sorry for my earlier attitude.

This is probably the seventh thread I've seen on this topic since this morning. There are stickies everywhere concerning this, if one looks in the correct forums.
Yeah, but alot of us, dont like to spend hours searching through posts, so its so much easier to just ask a question and refresh it every once in a while, while i watch youtube videos.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2010, 11:08 PM
If you have time to surf youtube you have time to use the search function.

Egads.