Lt. Commander
# 11
02-05-2010, 01:45 AM
Guys, compared to the LegoPrise that we saw in Beta Footage, we should be grateful that we didn't get stuck with that.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-05-2010, 01:53 AM

It seems like I have nothing good to say about this game, and this is simply not true. But alas, I am forced to agree with the OP, the galaxy looks awful.

I posted about this WAAAAAY back when but no one agreed with me and said "but its only beta". But alas, it wasn't fixed, and others apparently agree.

I am still really annoyed they didn't bother scaling ships correctly.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2010, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleon View Post
I agree with the OP...

Another Ship that has problems by the way is the Stargazer Class. If you use variations of ship pieces the engines can clip right into the saucer section of the vessel. Very poorly laid out.
I agree with the OP and this guy. Too much of this game was a rush job and no where near ready for launch.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-05-2010, 05:02 AM
I do thoroughly enjoy this game... as I've said in a lot of posts however:
I agree the game seems rushed BUT I seem room for improvement... you can actually see clearly what features are missing and have just had filler.

For me this isn't an issue, I personally think if people can enjoy it as a Trek game and stick with it, it should improve(as opposed to people leaving and the devs slowly abandoning support which has happened to a lot of MMOs) BUT:

For a universe as detailed and rich as Trek, broken things that seem trivial are in fact game breaking such as game models of important ships(ie Galaxy class discussed here). It sounds silly but these things are integral to such a rich IP... at least imo.

In saying any of this, I'm more than happy to stick it out as this is the only continuation of trek canon I can see on the horizon after "that" movie.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-05-2010, 09:07 AM
You know what? You guys are right about the torpedo tubes. I guess I didn't notice it since obvious torpedo tubes are also missing from the T3 config I used.

Now that I'm looking for them, these are also conspicuous by their absence. Torpedo tubes are present on the T1 and T2C ships, so why aren't they on T3C and T4C? When I get a T5C, I'll have to see if they reappear.

The front torps launch from the sides of the deflector dish on the T4C. This looks kind of silly, and once again points to a lack of attention to detail.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-05-2010, 10:34 AM
welcome to a cryptic game
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleon View Post
I agree with the OP...

Another Ship that has problems by the way is the Stargazer Class. If you use variations of ship pieces the engines can clip right into the saucer section of the vessel. Very poorly laid out.
Actually, if you go with all Stargazer pieces (in effect, the Stargazer-class), you end up with the bottom nacelles clipping with the bottom of the Stargazer's saucer section. I was a little taken aback by that.

Sorry. Went on a tangent.

Well, as long as I'm on a tangent: does anyone know what those little black domes with a red dot in the middle are? All the ships inexplicably have them and I don't know what they are supposed to represent.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-05-2010, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoberraz View Post
<snip>
Well, as long as I'm on a tangent: does anyone know what those little black domes with a red dot in the middle are? All the ships inexplicably have them and I don't know what they are supposed to represent.
Nipples. Lots of nipples.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-05-2010, 12:39 PM
This is specific, detailed feedback that gives the modelers something to act upon. Well done.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-05-2010, 01:03 PM
whilst not an urgent problem, I do hope Cryptic will be fixing the asthetic looks of the current ships, before adding new ones to the game. They have a lot to be desired.