Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Reverse Polarity Stacking
02-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Its out of control at tier 5, and needs to incour higher cooldowns. Being virtually invulnerable 80-90% of the match is out of balance.

Za'Rex
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zautin View Post
Its out of control at tier 5, and needs to incour higher cooldowns. Being virtually invulnerable 80-90% of the match is out of balance.

Za'Rex
personally this is a bigger problem then MES was.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-04-2010, 05:57 PM
How can this be possible with the 3 minute cooldown and 15 sec duration>?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-04-2010, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monthar
How can this be possible with the 3 minute cooldown and 15 sec duration>?
4-5 copies of it and photonic officer
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-04-2010, 06:07 PM
In that case I think all skills should share the full cooldown for same level and only apply the current shared for different levels. So 2 BOffs both with Skill XYZ 1 would be a waste as activating 1 would put both on cooldown. However if One BOff has XYZ 1 and the other has XYZ 2, then the standard shared cooldown would apply.

The implications of this issue with RPS, means someone could likely have multiple copies of the other skills too. Imagine some of those other longer cooldown skills being done like this.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monthar
In that case I think all skills should share the full cooldown for same level and only apply the current shared for different levels. So 2 BOffs both with Skill XYZ 1 would be a waste as activating 1 would put both on cooldown. However if One BOff has XYZ 1 and the other has XYZ 2, then the standard shared cooldown would apply.

The implications of this issue with RPS, means someone could likely have multiple copies of the other skills too. Imagine some of those other longer cooldown skills being done like this.
I agree with this. If RSP is this exploitable in late game I bet a lot of other skills will be too. If you use RSP3 and the same officer has RSP2, they should both go on a 5min cooldown. Maybe not all skills should work this way, but RSP definitely should.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Or just kill stacking the same skill all together. I honestly don't see a reason for an ability to stack in STO.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-04-2010, 06:15 PM
Hmm, maybe another possible solution could be to only allow BOffs to learn 1 level of any skill. So if they learn level 1, they'd have to trade that for something else to learn Level 2 or 3. Then on most ships you'd only get to see a max of 2 of any skill, 4 on a BoP if the player really wanted to have all 4 slots with the same type of officer and severely gimp the rest of their abilities to do so.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster
I agree with this. If RSP is this exploitable in late game I bet a lot of other skills will be too. If you use RSP3 and the same officer has RSP2, they should both go on a 5min cooldown. Maybe not all skills should work this way, but RSP definitely should.
No I meant if 2 Officers have RSP 1, they both go on the same total cooldown. If a single officer has RSP 1, 2 and 3 (or if ithe 3 levels are split between officers) the normal shared cooldown would apply. I say this because I believe the shared cooldowns were set expecting players to use 1 of each level not 2 of each level, or in the case of a BoP up to 4 of each level, if the player puts the same type of BOff in all 4 universal slots.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-04-2010, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emn1ty View Post
Or just kill stacking the same skill all together. I honestly don't see a reason for an ability to stack in STO.
if you do this half the escort captains will cry bloody murder (not that I wouldnt like to hear the QQ). Skill stacking is a serious problem though. and something needs to be done, I would be in favor of all skills with the same name sharing an IDENTICAL cooldown while less of a cooldown for related systems, like it is currently.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:56 PM.