Lt. Commander
# 1 Data missions not giving SP
02-04-2010, 07:38 PM
What's the point of doing these missions anymore if you don't receive any skill points for completing them?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabutai View Post
What's the point of doing these missions anymore if you don't receive any skill points for completing them?
What exactly are Data missions? -.- The crafting? Did you unlock the next tier? I wasn't aware crafting gave SP.

Crafting is there to upgrade gear you find... not as a way to level.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 07:53 PM
No its the exploration missions where you get told to collect data and fly around in a circle scanning 5 anomalies. They offer no reward for completion.

I imagine its a bug, they should offer some skill points, even if its not the same as other exploration missions.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
No its the exploration missions where you get told to collect data and fly around in a circle scanning 5 anomalies. They offer no reward for completion.

I imagine its a bug, they should offer some skill points, even if its not the same as other exploration missions.
Its not a bug... You can get the quests to complete three exploration missions. Those missions are insanely easy and thus have no SP reward but do count toward the "Explore 0/3" quest.

It would be way too easy to just enter and leave exploration systems until you got those easy ones to get SP and finish the quest.

As far as I know only the combat oriented exploration missions give SP at the end. Its a time vs reward thing.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 08:53 PM
what skills did you use to earn any points. It takes no effort so it should award no points.

I would hat to think someone could level farming these.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlinker
Its not a bug... You can get the quests to complete three exploration missions. Those missions are insanely easy and thus have no SP reward but do count toward the "Explore 0/3" quest.

It would be way too easy to just enter and leave exploration systems until you got those easy ones to get SP and finish the quest.

As far as I know only the combat oriented exploration missions give SP at the end. Its a time vs reward thing.
no these used to give SP. And your time vs reward argument doesn't mean much when I can go into a defend mission and push the free SP button in the corner and leave.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenchuan View Post
what skills did you use to earn any points. It takes no effort so it should award no points.

I would hat to think someone could level farming these.
About as much skill as walking around a planet and scanning random creatures or artifacts, all the explore missions should yield SP.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabutai View Post
no these used to give SP. And your time vs reward argument doesn't mean much when I can go into a defend mission and push the free SP button in the corner and leave.
The explore missions which don't involve combat have never given me SP. Even through OB.

Also you can only do that once and generally if you enter at the beginning of the fight you have to stay until the end to get the Deep Space Encounter quest SP.

Its probably a bug that you can enter a finished one and click the "Hail" button and get SP.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlinker
The explore missions which don't involve combat have never given me SP. Even through OB.

Also you can only do that once and generally if you enter at the beginning of the fight you have to stay until the end to get the Deep Space Encounter quest SP.

Its probably a bug that you can enter a finished one and click the "Hail" button and get SP.
every easy portion of the explore missions yield SP. You can walk around a planet and scan 5 things and get points. And you have always been able to get sucked into a defend mission and press the free XP button in the corner, bug or not, and has zero effort compared to the data missions.

And in OB it did yield SP for those missions, this is recent change and needs attention back in the other direction.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-04-2010, 10:51 PM
What free SP button???