Lt. Commander
# 11
02-04-2010, 10:50 PM
I think it is a bug...cause when you get those "scan 4 things on a planet" missions, they actually award you with sp....and there is also no combat involved...
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-04-2010, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenchuan View Post
what skills did you use to earn any points. It takes no effort so it should award no points.

I would hat to think someone could level farming these.
The effort you put in is time. Not much different then the kill 5 enemy missions... pressing space bar is no extra effort then pressing scan button.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poldii
I think it is a bug...cause when you get those "scan 4 things on a planet" missions, they actually award you with sp....and there is also no combat involved...
so you're proposing that the peaceful missions, aka what Star Trek is about, should be removed in favor of the combat ones? Or those that want to run those type of missions shouldn't be allowed to level with everybody else?
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Are you sure you aren't getting SP?

When I do those missions, I don't see SP in the pop up text on the reward, but I see +xx amount of SP in the chat window.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abradax

When I do those missions, I don't see SP in the pop up text on the reward, but I see +xx amount of SP in the chat window.
yes the retrieve anomalous data missions don't yield SP, you get some officer skill ups and some merits but no skill points.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abradax

I am sure. You dont get Skill Points for those find 5 anomolies exploration missions anymore. I know you got SP in 'Closed' beta. Not sure we did in 'Open' beta.

You do get credit for them as to your total number of exploration missions and at least one of the exploration areas is bugged and auto-completes when you do the last of 3 missions. This could be what you are seeing when you think you are getting SP's for those missions.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-05-2010, 04:16 PM
I noticed this as well thought it was odd since ground scan things ones do, at least it's quick to do I guess.