Lt. Commander
Seriously? You’ve cancelled your subscription and are only “playing out
the free 30 day trial, yet you hate the game SO much you feel the need to come on here and regurgitate this bile of hate and dissatisfaction? Fine, I can live with that.

But then to argue, obstinately, with those of us who enjoy the game, even for its current faults, and are willing to see how it evolves over the next few months as opposed to throwing in the towel because it wasn’t “perfect” from day one… that’s just childish, immature and, dare I say it, asinine.

You hate the game. I get it. (we all do) You hate the game play, the current mission sets, space combat… the ships… the uniforms… the C-store… hell, I’ll bet you even shave and kick your tribble when you think no one’s looking. But we are. We always are.

The game is not perfect. I can’t think of a SINGLE MMO that’s perfect – or even close – at launch. Can you? Please, share the details with us here.

I am left to ask, if you hate the game so much why are you wasting your time and energy in the free trial? Is it a glimmer of hope that it will be better? Is it so at the end, if it’s not, you can feel smug and somehow validated?

And why slathers your disconnect here for all to see? Are you that starved for attention you have to post threat after threat, comment after comment about how miserable you are in the game?

I don’t say this often, but I’ll say it now: if you are that miserable, if you hate the game that much, leave. Go somewhere you will find what you’re looking for. No one’s forcing you to stay and, frankly, no one’s asking you to stay. Lowering yourself to the status of Forum Troll is idiotic and a level of mental immaturity the world could stand to live without.

If you wish to provide creative and constructive feedback in the spirit of making the game or playing experience better for everyone, the please, by all means, have a seat. I’ll even buy you a drink.

But if you’re here just to whine and complain to anyone within earshot, don’t let the airlock doors hit you on the way out.

No one’s forcing you to be here if you hate it so, why are you here?

And, as the saying goes, if you think this post is about you, it probably is.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 03:37 PM
I Hate This Frekaing Game Its So Reterdid

whoa did they remove all-caps or something??
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Best thread in the forums
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 03:41 PM
Oh great, another thread whining about other people whining. These are always so productive!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Oh great, another thread whining about other people whining. These are always so productive!
At least it's well written, unlike those whining about how terrible the game is. In any case, universal balance, they whine about the game, other people whine about them whining.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preirin
Seriously? You’ve cancelled your subscription and are only “playing out
the free 30 day trial, yet you hate the game SO much you feel the need to come on here and regurgitate this bile of hate and dissatisfaction? Fine, I can live with that.

But then to argue, obstinately, with those of us who enjoy the game, even for its current faults, and are willing to see how it evolves over the next few months as opposed to throwing in the towel because it wasn’t “perfect” from day one… that’s just childish, immature and, dare I say it, asinine.

You hate the game. I get it. (we all do) You hate the game play, the current mission sets, space combat… the ships… the uniforms… the C-store… hell, I’ll bet you even shave and kick your tribble when you think no one’s looking. But we are. We always are.

The game is not perfect. I can’t think of a SINGLE MMO that’s perfect – or even close – at launch. Can you? Please, share the details with us here.

I am left to ask, if you hate the game so much why are you wasting your time and energy in the free trial? Is it a glimmer of hope that it will be better? Is it so at the end, if it’s not, you can feel smug and somehow validated?

And why slathers your disconnect here for all to see? Are you that starved for attention you have to post threat after threat, comment after comment about how miserable you are in the game?

I don’t say this often, but I’ll say it now: if you are that miserable, if you hate the game that much, leave. Go somewhere you will find what you’re looking for. No one’s forcing you to stay and, frankly, no one’s asking you to stay. Lowering yourself to the status of Forum Troll is idiotic and a level of mental immaturity the world could stand to live without.

If you wish to provide creative and constructive feedback in the spirit of making the game or playing experience better for everyone, the please, by all means, have a seat. I’ll even buy you a drink.

But if you’re here just to whine and complain to anyone within earshot, don’t let the airlock doors hit you on the way out.

No one’s forcing you to be here if you hate it so, why are you here?

And, as the saying goes, if you think this post is about you, it probably is.
Thank you! at least someone posted it!!! Glad I'm the only one irritated at all those pointless posts.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 03:45 PM
I shall put a copy of my reply from another thread, that sums up my view, HATE is not on the agenda, DISAPPOINTMENT is, I and so many thousands of others who paid their money for a copy have every right to stay on here and make our view known.

----------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrus Pars
I dont see the need for this thread. all those who hate it this game... other MMOs that way ----->
---------------------------------------------
It aint just as easy as that, this game was made around a series/set of films that is decades wide, so many had major hopes, and so many feel it has failed to fulfill those hopes even at release.

All this "oh content can be added more as we go month by month" pfffffft

A lot of what will be added in the months ahead is stuff that SHOULD have been in at launch.

If the devs are honest they would admit that im sure.

I refuse to pay another say six months subs to get it to the stage it SHOULD have been at launch.

You got me wrong, and a lot of others with views as mine, we DONT HATE the game, we are utterly disappointed that STO does NOT do the Star Trek world the justice it deserves.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExSaint View Post
Thank you! at least someone posted it!!! Glad I'm the only one irritated at all those pointless posts.
What just like the OP's one?

Just as bad as the whiners!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2010, 03:59 PM
A lot of people are control freaks online. If they decide they don't like something, they feel it is their duty to try and persuade others to abandon it too. It's really that simple - if they aren't having fun makes them feel helpless that others don't feel the same way they do. Misery loves company.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2010, 04:01 PM
Who is going around saying they hate the game? I think you will find that some of the most vociferous posters talking about the game's faults are die-hard fans who feel disappointed and let down.

And here's the deal. I and other may have cancelled, we may only be playing ouyt the 30 days but as far as I know we paid the same money as you. We are the same as you, a customer.

Don't like the criticism, don't get involved. Stay in the happy threads with your blinkers on. But please don't presume to tell anyone that they don't have the right to voice an opinion on something that they feel is far from what was promised and less than it ought to be.

If the moderators choose to close threads that have complaints and criticisms that's one thing, but until you have that job don't be so full of yourself and think you have a right to stop anyone from being as vocal as they like.

If we don't voice valid complaints then the game will never improve, none of us will come back and you'll be left with an empty game repeating the same, tired old crap.