Lt. Commander
# 1 Loading....still loading...
02-04-2010, 07:18 PM
Was playing the game fine all afternoon...took a break for two hours and now I can't even get past the retrieve map screen. Sometimes I do make it as far as the pretty picture but then boom! disconnected from server. I know it has nothing to do with my provider because well...I was playing it no problem for the last few days and months in beta.

What has changed which has resulted in this problem? I know I'm not the only one out there getting this issue.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 07:28 PM
My screens won't finish loading any more either. The game is completely unplayable for me now. Not very happy with the game right now to say the least.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 09:12 PM
I am getting stuck at the Sol loading screen. learned a lot about the timeline, but... is it sol or something more general?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 09:58 PM
I'm getting exactly the same problem, stuck at the loading screen for Sol. I've tried turning on the safe mode and fast load options with no luck.
Lt. Commander
# 5 loading
02-04-2010, 10:47 PM
this has been happing to me for 3 days can not log in keeps loading
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 11:06 PM
Yup, stuck at like 80% or so on the loading bar and just sitting there on the Sol Loading Screen...

Musinc plays in the background, can alt+tab just fine, no issues at all. Just hangs there on loading.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 11:10 PM
I did a fast launch + safe mode/windowed mode and it loaded Sol just fine... Kind of silly, really.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjrdr
I did a fast launch + safe mode/windowed mode and it loaded Sol just fine... Kind of silly, really.
Getting stuck at the Sol loading screen occurs when your graphics are set too high.

I have always been able to get around this by putting my graphics slider to the lowest setting (all the way to the left) when getting stuck warping into Sol.

Starting in safe mode most likely has the effect of reducing your graphic settings.

Only Cryptic knows the code, but I would guess that it has to do with loading/unloading player models when zoning.

Before your system can finish loading the scene, another ship warps in/out and you’re stuck perpetually loading/unloading ship models until the traffic slows down a bit.

If you warp in when few people are coming/going, you load right up, but if the traffic is high, you may not load for hours.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2010, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiffyHead
Getting stuck at the Sol loading screen occurs when your graphics are set too high.

I have always been able to get around this by putting my graphics slider to the lowest setting (all the way to the left) when getting stuck warping into Sol.
And problem solved for me! Thanks Ziffy!