Lt. Commander
# 11
02-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
Oh my God, let's all freak out and panic!!!!
Let's panic about stuff that MIGHT happen AT SOME POINT in the INDETERMINATE FUTURE! THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN!!!

Seriously, guys. Complain when it actually screws something up.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-04-2010, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binksy
Charging for the correct game is something that should have been tested before launch. It's a rather obvious issue, and one that would have been easy to spot had any serious testing been done on the billing system before launch.

Just because it works doesn't mean it was well made, and saying everything's cool because it works ATM is never a good idea in software development. Small bugs are indicators and hiders of larger bugs and small easily noticed bugs like this should be killed long before a system launches.
like the color changes? or the /respec command? lol. I know using the same engine saved them lots of time but they also skipped quite a few quality assurance steps. Maybe there will be a bug where my captain can use travel powers, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-04-2010, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
lolwut? What does this troll post have to do with anything? So what if your stuff is charged from CO. It still applies to STO, as all of the purchases are done through STO.

Yeah, who cares if the company that has your credit card information can't even do something as simple as get the names correct. Obviously we can trust they have all the important stuff correct if they can afford to gloss over such superficial details.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-04-2010, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by judisius
Yeah, who cares if the company that has your credit card information can't even do something as simple as get the names correct. Obviously we can trust they have all the important stuff correct if they can afford to gloss over such superficial details.
Well, since it's the same company that makes both games, as I said, if they didn't mess you're game up, you're not even crying over spilled milk. You're crying over milk thats in a glass that's half full, on a table with a three-degree list, because you are afraid someone might hit the glass, spilling it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
Well, since it's the same company that makes both games, as I said, if they didn't mess you're game up, you're not even crying over spilled milk. You're crying over milk thats in a glass that's half full, on a table with a three-degree list, because you are afraid someone might hit the glass, spilling it.
To continue this strained and bizarre metaphor: I'd be worried that the reason the table isn't level is because it is infested with termites or sitting on an unstable floor, and perhaps the milk is actually just water that someone has added white dye to.

Put simply, it looks very unprofessional. It also causes one to wonder about the bookkeeping done at Cryptic. Despite you dismissing everything because it is the same company, all the money just doesn't go into one big pile labeled Cryptic. I'm sure their accounting department and executives (not even mentioning non-Cryptic entities) would like to accurately know where revenue is being generated.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-04-2010, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
Oh my God, let's all freak out and panic!!!!
PANICSSSSSS ::
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Haha. That's funny. Sounds like the billing department forgot to properly label their e-transaction descriptions.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-05-2010, 07:03 AM
Well let's examine it from a different perspective shall we?

Let's say I go to the store and I buy a bed, then I go home and the bed has a problem like a missing leg or something like that.

I go back to the store with my receipt and ask the store to provide me with either a replacement for the faulty bed or a credit so that I can get a functional bed. The only problem is that my receipt says that I bought a desk and trust me when I tell you that nobody in retail will believe me when I say I bought a bed if my receipt says I bought a desk.

This is sloppy work on Cryptic's part and as others have posted on here, it denotes a lack of respect for their customers.

Sure everything is working fine, there is no immediate need for panic... BUT if issues like this are left unchallenged they leave the door open to mistakes that could make things go pretty bad further down the line.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-05-2010, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Well let's examine it from a different perspective shall we?

Let's say I go to the store and I buy a bed, then I go home and the bed has a problem like a missing leg or something like that.

I go back to the store with my receipt and ask the store to provide me with either a replacement for the faulty bed or a credit so that I can get a functional bed. The only problem is that my receipt says that I bought a desk and trust me when I tell you that nobody in retail will believe me when I say I bought a bed if my receipt says I bought a desk.

This is sloppy work on Cryptic's part and as others have posted on here, it denotes a lack of respect for their customers.

Sure everything is working fine, there is no immediate need for panic... BUT if issues like this are left unchallenged they leave the door open to mistakes that could make things go pretty bad further down the line.
Your example is somewhat meaningless as Cryptic can digitally track where they added the time. The fact that the receipt says CO is just a typing error. The important part is that the time went to the correct account.

Also, you don't have to "challenge" things to simply let Cryptic know they made a typing mistake. A simple support ticket would have worked just a well without all the forum angst/drama.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-05-2010, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookiemart View Post
If we needed any more hints that things are messy this would be it...

I gave a glance at my credit card bill today after reading some scary stories on here, I'm glad to report that none of these have happened to me so far but I did notice that instead of being billed for Star trek Online, I am being billed for Champions Online.

Is this a mistake?

If I try to login to Champions will I be able to play?

This is all quite disturbing considering I just gave these guys my credit card number and stuff like this is really making me uncomfortable.
thats just how it shows on your statement... donmt worry you paid for the startrek sub