Commander
When I opened my Foundry mission in the editor just now, for the first time since S9, I got a message: "One of the assets used in this mission has been deprecated, and will be replaced with another asset. Please check that your mission works as intended with this asset." Or words to that effect - could have been "item" rather than "asset", I can't remember.
Well, fair enough, but does anyone know how I could find out which one it is? Is there a list of deprecated assets anywhere that I could look through to see if I recognise anything, or something like that?
Thanks,
Wombat140
Lieutenant
# 2
05-01-2014, 04:22 PM
Did your mission happen to start on Earth Space Dock?
Captain
# 3
05-01-2014, 04:39 PM
I hope hypnosnake is right. It would be better if the message was more specific regarding the assets being "doors" or "entry points." To swap out one "asset" with another has the potential to mess up our maps. Imagine what it would do to the makeshift transporter pads if they changed out a specific lamp.
Commander
# 4
05-02-2014, 06:54 AM
Just checked. At present it does start from Earth Spacedock, but not from any specific door (still marked as "Leaving from: Whole Map" with an ! mark next to it meaning "fix this"). I was leaving that because at present I can't think of a door to start it from that entirely makes sense - Memory Alpha would be the best fit but you can't select that as a sector space door, unless you want to waste the player's time by making them beam down to Memory Alpha and then leave from a door within it.

Do you think that would cause the problem? I agree, it would be a great help if the editor could say which asset was causing the problem. Same issue's been mentioned with the swearing filter, if I remember rightly.
Lieutenant
# 5
05-02-2014, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat140 View Post
Just checked. At present it does start from Earth Spacedock, but not from any specific door (still marked as "Leaving from: Whole Map" with an ! mark next to it meaning "fix this"). I was leaving that because at present I can't think of a door to start it from that entirely makes sense - Memory Alpha would be the best fit but you can't select that as a sector space door, unless you want to waste the player's time by making them beam down to Memory Alpha and then leave from a door within it.

Do you think that would cause the problem? I agree, it would be a great help if the editor could say which asset was causing the problem. Same issue's been mentioned with the swearing filter, if I remember rightly.
It's a thought.

I actually got the same warning when I started editing both of my projects and both started on Earth Space Dock. My hypothesis is that the Foundry called the change of ESD to the new version a 'deprecated asset'. Definitely something that might be worth looking into, just in case.

I actually went through each of my missions with a fine tooth comb and absolutely nothing had changed (well, I suppose except for the Lie Flat - Front animation, but that doesn't seem like an asset, really). The only thing that DID was the ESD makeover. So, I simply assumed that was likely the asset in question.

Did anyone else get the same message? Did your mission involve starting on ESD?
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
05-02-2014, 09:09 AM
I also got this message when I opened my mission that had an ESD door. I did not get any other indication of what it meant.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forums are like Sanctuary Districts, complete with Gimmes, Ghosts and Dims.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 7
05-02-2014, 10:00 AM
That message appeared as soon as the new ESD was implemented for the Foundry. It's basically "hey, ESD changed so make sure your mission still works!"
Commander
# 8
05-02-2014, 10:06 AM
That's the only thing it would be, is it? That clears that up, then. Thank you very much Crypticfrost!
Captain
# 9
05-02-2014, 10:16 AM
I had 4 deprecated assets on mine, Does thing include the ESD contacts i assume?

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
05-02-2014, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
That message appeared as soon as the new ESD was implemented for the Foundry. It's basically "hey, ESD changed so make sure your mission still works!"
They couldn't just make it say that? lol
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forums are like Sanctuary Districts, complete with Gimmes, Ghosts and Dims.