Captain
# 51
02-26-2014, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post
I honestly haven't bothered to check the accuracy overflow of his calculator. What is his mistake?
It calculates based on Acc vs. Def Difference instead of Accuracy Overflow. It ignores the actual %ToHit Calculation to find the amount over 100%...the overflow. It's just Acc - Def instead.
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
I.S.S. Arcadia, Stargazer-class Mirror Universe Heavy Cruiser Retrofit
Captain
# 52
02-26-2014, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noblet View Post
See? There we go. Thanks for the hard work.

You just chose a ship with 5 tac consoles, stacked on 3 Superior operatives from the embassy (all tac too, ship's universal boff locked into tac), used reputation power, stacked in all the universal consoles, including a lobi store one that cost 200 lobis. Of course you'd avoid weapons, you won't want that ap or dhc bonus there... After all that, it's still only up to 16.5%. Oh and you couldn't help but have severity already above 100, much less 80, despite how hard you tried to avoid it.

You can go ahead and tell a newbie to get all that just for the privilege of being able to fit exploiters, or...

In other news, calculator:
http://comatoes.github.io/sto-crit-calc/
im not even trying, thats the thing, i could push it over 20 at the expense of two more console slots if i really wanted to.

The point is that feds and kdf run into the same imbalance as a rom does, it is not just high crit roms.

you seem to be obsessed with trying to prove me wrong, so I will again issue the challenge, make that ship I just described do its optimal DPS.

Oh and the avenger only has 4 tac consoles, smartass.

I hope you realize my ultimate goal, to shut you up and actually teach you how to build a ship properly. Its a trap, you should probably stop responding to me or you might actually learn something.
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Captain
# 53
02-26-2014, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
im not even trying, thats the thing, i could push it over 20 at the expense of two more console slots if i really wanted to.

The point is that feds and kdf run into the same imbalance as a rom does, it is not just high crit roms.

you seem to be obsessed with trying to prove me wrong, so I will again issue the challenge, make that ship I just described do its optimal DPS.

Oh and the avenger only has 4 tac consoles, smartass.

I hope you realize my ultimate goal, to shut you up and actually teach you how to build a ship properly. Its a trap, you should probably stop responding to me or you might actually learn something.
Lol, how many 200 lobi console are you going to use this time? How many embassy romulan tac boffs? How many people are you going to tell to change ships so they support 3 tac boffs and 5 tac consoles?

Your problem is egoism. You were trying to "prove ppl wrong" instead of helping ppl out.

Btw, calculator.
http://comatoes.github.io/sto-crit-calc/
Critical Hit Calculator
Captain
# 54
02-26-2014, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
It calculates based on Acc vs. Def Difference instead of Accuracy Overflow. It ignores the actual %ToHit Calculation to find the amount over 100%...the overflow. It's just Acc - Def instead.
OK, I did some cursory checking, and he does appear to use the wrong formula.
Captain
# 55
02-26-2014, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noblet View Post
Your problem is egoism.
funny you should say that...
Commander
# 56
02-26-2014, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post
OK, I did some cursory checking, and he does appear to use the wrong formula.
yup

I'd suggest hellspawny's calculator as well. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/...CwJWK6OcJ_ddlQ

Just remember to change the acc overflow to use the correct formula by choosing 1 in cell G68. It's set to the incorrect formula by default. Best calculator i've seen yet.
Captain
# 57
02-26-2014, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsbite View Post
yup

I'd suggest hellspawny's calculator as well. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/...CwJWK6OcJ_ddlQ

Just remember to change the acc overflow to use the correct formula by choosing 1 in cell G68. It's set to the incorrect formula by default. Best calculator i've seen yet.
Maybe, it's because I'm using LibreOffice instead of Excel, but I'm seeing weird behavior with that spreadsheet. For example, cell F75 refers to $B$69, but I don't see column B on the first tab.
Commander
# 58
02-26-2014, 03:33 PM
A and B columns are hidden. Above c1 enter b1 and hit return. Hit cells/format/hide&unhide/unhide columns. repeat to show A column. Not sure how libraoffice unhides columns though. I don't like the gain vs reference column and i don't like the difference column. I've modded mine to instead show gain vs currently equipped weapon. It just makes more sense to me. But the rankings do stay the same.

Last edited by dragonsbite; 02-26-2014 at 04:03 PM.
Captain
# 59
02-26-2014, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsbite View Post
A and B columns are hidden. Above c1 enter b1 and hit return. Hit cells/format/hide&unhide/unhide columns. repeat to show A column. Not sure how libraoffice unhides columns though. I don't like the gain vs reference and i don't like the difference column. I've modded mine to instead show gain vs currently equipped weapon. It just makes more sense to me. But the rankings do stay the same.
Thanks. I was able to unhide the columns. The way he calculates some things seems weird to me, but not necessarily wrong. For example, he adds 30% accuracy from [Acc]x3 and then subtracts it again later.
Commander
# 60
02-26-2014, 04:04 PM
If you'd like to try the changes i made you can download it here. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwE...it?usp=sharing Maybe that will make a bit more sense. Although the difference column would still be wrong.

Also note selecting F63 Ar"kif appears to give the extra plasma damage to all weapons. This includes the antiproton weapons. The antiprotons should only get the extra crit and crit sev. So don't use it to compare vs antiprotons.

Last edited by dragonsbite; 02-26-2014 at 04:27 PM.