Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Can't add rank pips to uniform
02-04-2010, 10:31 PM
I have a lieutenant commander character who can't add rank pips to his uniform.

He has ensign pips, which were added fine at the beginning of the game, but now that he's level 12 he can't get lieutnenat or lieutenant cmdr.

These options appear in the costume shop, but cannot be selected. If you drag down to one of them, it shows the additional pips on the avatar, then disappears once you select, and the menu goes back to ensign.

Happens everytime. Anyone else get this bug??

I am wearing the TNG Film uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 09:27 AM
happens to me too, I think I have starfleet uniform B4 and the TOS on my other char, havne't tried pips on that one since it didn't work for my first one.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickCheney
I have a lieutenant commander character who can't add rank pips to his uniform.

He has ensign pips, which were added fine at the beginning of the game, but now that he's level 12 he can't get lieutnenat or lieutenant cmdr.

These options appear in the costume shop, but cannot be selected. If you drag down to one of them, it shows the additional pips on the avatar, then disappears once you select, and the menu goes back to ensign.

Happens everytime. Anyone else get this bug??

I am wearing the TNG Film uniform.
Ahhh... Somebody else DOES have the same issue as me... Yes, I too have the same experience. No error messages or anything...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 07:13 AM
I have this issue too. I HAD the pins on one costume but then when I changed my costume to another one (went from TOS to TNG Movie) it gave me an error that could only be fixed by dropping the Lt Cdr pins down to Lt. This is the error I got:

costume validation for player error: Name:Kanid_James, Bone Stm_Rank, Geo M_Rank_Sf_Ds9_01_Ltcommander_01,hGeoDef is restricted. , Bone Stm_Rank, Geo M_Rank_Sf_Ds9_01_Ltcommander_01, hMatDef is restricted. , Bone Stm_Rank, Geo M_Rank_Sf_Ds9_01_Ltcommander_01, hPatternTexture is restricted. , failed costume restriction check.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2010, 02:41 AM
got the same error, I have the pips on my TOS shirt, but can't change anything without removing my TOS shirt and removing the pips. Submitted a ticket 5 days ago and nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-26-2010, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delerium View Post
got the same error, I have the pips on my TOS shirt, but can't change anything without removing my TOS shirt and removing the pips. Submitted a ticket 5 days ago and nothing.
Add me to the list, i'm not whatever it is that gets the first choose the type of ship to fly with (Lt. Com. i think?), and i'm still stuck with ensign rank insignie, not a big issue, but an annoying one.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-01-2010, 10:52 AM
oddly, you can add the pips fine to bridge officers, but not to your main guy
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-01-2010, 10:57 AM
I had the same issue. It finally worked for me, but I had to cancel out, and restart the customization screen. Now when I select my character in that first screen it show the costume error message mentioned above.

I also found a bug with the coloring. On some of my BO's, if I change the color of my com-badge, it changes the color of my rank pips as well.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-01-2010, 11:12 AM
I've noticed this:
- If you modify a BO, and then modify your character, you get validation errors.
- Sometimes you cannot change or add rank.
- Sometimes you immediately see a validation error (in red); it does not go away but has no effect.

I believe these are caused by failure to validate info on character (i.e. a communication failure), and are only fixed by exiting vendor and coming back in again.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-01-2010, 11:33 AM
QA is looking into this issue to investigate the steps listed in this thread. We'll get a bug to the Tailor team when we track down what might be amiss here.