Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-01-2010, 10:51 AM
I've noticed this as well. It seems like the TOS uniforms do this consistantly for me. Also on the TNG movie uniforms the Rear Admiral Pip does not display correctly. Instead it looks like I'm selecting some sort of off brown collar.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-01-2010, 12:39 PM
I had this issue. I ended up working around it by dropping all rank pips off my uniform, purchasing the change, relogging, then modifying the uniform again to add the pips I wanted.

I was surprised it worked, but it did for me.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Couple of things I noticed and how I got around them:

If I change the rank on a commander level BO, then I go to change my rank (Captain).. It will not let me change to a higher rank than commander. Exiting and then re-entering the costume editor fixes it.

If I see a bunch of validation errors I usually can not edit my character.. So what I do is Save the costume I want to edit, exit the editor, re-enter, and then reload it.. Saving it seems to strip out all the invalid stuff and then when you reload it does not have any errors.

I hope that helps.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-01-2010, 01:51 PM
Not quite the same, but I had a problem adding admiral pips to the Star Trek movie uniform, it made the neck graphics disappear. Almost like someone had decapitated my Klingon.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Hey Everyone,

Just as Dstahl stated, QA took a look at this issue. We were able to reproduce the issue and figured out the root cause of this problem with Rank Pips.

Currently there is a bug in the Character Tailor,

When a player selects a Bridge Officer before editing their captain costume, it will then corrupt the pips which then only allows for either the "None" or "Ensign" options.

The player must then fully exit the tailor in order to fix the issue. As long as you do not select a Bridge Officer before editing the Captain's costume you should be just fine.

This issue appears to be isolated to just the Captain.

I was unable to cause an occurrence on any Bridge Officer. This does not mean a bug may not exist, in the event this problem is found by any of you on a Bridge Officer, please report the issue and attempt to provide reproduction steps. You can also get in contact with me by PM on IRC, I am always present in #sto and #stoqa when I am in office.

Thank you guys for reporting this, the internal ticket has been forwarded off and with any luck we can squash it post haste.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-01-2010, 04:36 PM
even when you do successfully get the right pip on your character they warp off the uniform as a sharp downpointing streak of color whan you pan the camera out about halfway or more... first noticed it with the admiral 1 pip
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkoren

This issue appears to be isolated to just the Captain.

I had this problem just switching from Ensign to Lieutenant pips. Are you saying that is a different issue?
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combadge
I had this problem just switching from Ensign to Lieutenant pips. Are you saying that is a different issue?
I believe that meant Captain the job, not Captain the rank.

In other words, your main character/avatar, not your Bridge officers.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-02-2010, 12:16 AM
You'd think that promoting would automatically update these anyway and the title description too. It seems a little silly to me that you have to go around editing various sections of your character spending some of your hard earned credits on such things :p
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-02-2010, 03:09 AM
Actually I had this issue, figured it may be because I had taken down the visual slider thingy in options which cuts the grahic look of the game and it actually stopped me from putting on the TNG series uniform and the commbadge and the pips wouldn't alter.

I raised it up to max, went in did any alteration i wanted, came back out and lowered the setting works everytime, hope that helps.