Lt. Commander
So, I'm building a website. It's still got problems, but it's semi functional. http://www.starbase41.com Only the first page you see, the forums and the primary ships section are semi functional, but I digress. The idea is a database driven site that provides information in an easy to access format... if I neglect to mention the fact that we have to capture all the information by hand currently and move on to the more important part. Ships... I want to take pictures, without the interface of ships in the ship customization screen so I can take pictures of different configurations. I would just take them off the web site... but there are like 5. Here's the clincher... No chat window when customizing the ship, so no way to take a screenshot, so in essence, no decent way to capture images for the site... LAME. And I will just printscreen but the interface totally covers the ship... awesome.

Please, get it out of my face and let me take a picture!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 10:50 PM
I think printscreen takes screenshots as well?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 10:51 PM
Have you had a look at the STO screenshot folder? When taking a screenshot with Print Screen on ground or in space it will generate a jpg without the interface. Not sure how it will work in the ship customization screen though, as that is pretty much one full screen interface.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 10:54 PM
Oh look, another STO info website.
We can never have enough of those.

[/sarcasm]
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziros
Oh look, another STO info website.
We can never have enough of those.

[/sarcasm]
Well, it looks nice. At least until you get to the forums... hopefully those simply aren't integrated yet.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 11:08 PM
In the ship configuration screen prntscr actually removes the interface....took nice pics during beta with all possible combinations
Lt. Commander
# 7 Perhaps you can help me.
02-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weissbrot View Post
Have you had a look at the STO screenshot folder? When taking a screenshot with Print Screen on ground or in space it will generate a jpg without the interface. Not sure how it will work in the ship customization screen though, as that is pretty much one full screen interface.
I have had a bit of a problem with screen print. Perhaps you can help direct me. For a period of time I was successful at making spectacular screen prints of the ships, crew members, etc. However, at the last patch, I have been unable to acquire a screen print. Nothing new is appearing in the proper folder. The screen pauses for a sec when the button is pushed, just like it has always done, but no picture appears. Would you please run a few tests on your system and see if you are having a similar problem? I need to know if it is my system, or if there is a reason the screen print has been turned off in the game.

My thanks for your reading and responding to this message.

Kudoketas sutai- NeygebH
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Use Fraps to take screenshots...a feature lesser known of the program as everyone usually uses it for video capturing.