Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,036
# 11
02-26-2014, 01:15 PM
TT will always be amazing for the cleanse effect very few even notice it does. But allowing it to decrease bleedthrew or grant a small amount of critical would not be a bad idea especially if it gave a reason to take higher ranks than just the ensign.

Assimilate ship, boarding parties, attack pattern beta/delta, FOMM, are all extremely dangerous things to have active upon you.
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,459
# 12
02-26-2014, 01:38 PM
Don't get me wrong as this isn't about whining over someone using the TT skill, heck I love the skill for all it does besides the auto shield distributing.

But what it is about is when I am under extreme fire whether it be a pvp or pve scenario, and I try to manually distribute shields whether by single facing or even distributing it simply is to slow to keep up under these circumstances.

It forces me to have to rely to heavily on TT for shield distributing too much along with constant shield healing (I seem to draw the agro a lot), and when you try to distribute from the other facings to direct it to one the energy transfer is dismally slow, and even when you evenly distribute it still doesn't divert shield facings quick enough.

I can literally watch how horribly slow it tries to apply shield energy to any other facing when you try to do it manually, and even when using even distributing (FYI for those who suggested it I already mentioned I use an assigned keybind for it) it is a slight bit more efficient, but still is easily overwhelmed yet TT does it 5-10X quicker.

And I am not talking about it in the sense of because it's automatically distributing, no I mean it is 5-10X faster in if you actually speed mash distributing, and watch how much time is spaced between actually applying what you did, and than actually diverting the energy needed to make it happen is 5-10X slower than TT's ability to sense hit, redistribute, energy moves to that shield facing, than auto balance to finish is ridiculous.

It would also be nice, if you actually tied some skill into how fast the shield energy is diverted from one facing to the next, or for that matter evenly diverted.

No matter what I will continue to use TT simply for the other abilities if they did change manual distributing to match the speed and efficiency of TT, and it doesn't hurt to have a little automatic help when your fingers need be keying something else from time to time.

So all I am really asking is for the Dev's like so many other's, to please quicken the reaction timing all around efficiency of manual shield distribution to equally match TT's is all, that's not a lot to ask for.

And thnx for all the replies player's.
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet

Last edited by shadowwraith77; 02-26-2014 at 01:44 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,022
# 13
02-26-2014, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
Assimilate ship, boarding parties, attack pattern beta/delta, FOMM, are all extremely dangerous things to have active upon you.
Naturally, APB/APD aren't cleared by TT.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,779
# 14
02-26-2014, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
Naturally, APB/APD aren't cleared by TT.
TT's not an immunity - it's a CoT (cleanse over time). It ticks...and thus, it's possible to sync APB/APD between those ticks.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 15
02-26-2014, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
Naturally, APB/APD aren't cleared by TT.
It cleanses them quickly, but if you have a DoT activate at the split second before the cleanse, they will take more damage. But as long as TT is active, it will almost immediately remove the APB/APD.

I am speaking from experience. Was slugging it out with one of my friends on Solar Wind. We were testing out cruiser builds for giggles. I hit him with a BFAW + APB combo (standard PvE OMFGWTFKILLZORSOFNPCS) and watched as my hits applied beta for a split second before being cleansed. The visual was actually quite cool. Flying oscillating circles on his hull. Then he hit APD, and I hit TT. Same visual. I could see on my status bar that APD was being applied, even if only for a split second, then being almost instantly cleansed/removed by TT.

Very odd mechanic.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 726
# 16
02-26-2014, 02:44 PM
I could be wrong but I remember that when the TT revamp was done they slowed down distibute so that TT would be viable otherwise TT was in a long list of useless ensign powers at the time. Some would say TT is probably a hair OP since pretty much everyone has at least 1 copy and the ens level one is 99% of TT equipped boffs.
Hey I Used to be Captain Data, well I guess I still am in game but the account link really screwed everything up
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,000
# 17
02-26-2014, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwraith77 View Post
Don't get me wrong as this isn't about whining over someone using the TT skill, heck I love the skill for all it does besides the auto shield distributing.

But what it is about is when I am under extreme fire whether it be a pvp or pve scenario, and I try to manually distribute shields whether by single facing or even distributing it simply is to slow to keep up under these circumstances.

It forces me to have to rely to heavily on TT for shield distributing too much along with constant shield healing (I seem to draw the agro a lot), and when you try to distribute from the other facings to direct it to one the energy transfer is dismally slow, and even when you evenly distribute it still doesn't divert shield facings quick enough.

I can literally watch how horribly slow it tries to apply shield energy to any other facing when you try to do it manually, and even when using even distributing (FYI for those who suggested it I already mentioned I use an assigned keybind for it) it is a slight bit more efficient, but still is easily overwhelmed yet TT does it 5-10X quicker.

And I am not talking about it in the sense of because it's automatically distributing, no I mean it is 5-10X faster in if you actually speed mash distributing, and watch how much time is spaced between actually applying what you did, and than actually diverting the energy needed to make it happen is 5-10X slower than TT's ability to sense hit, redistribute, energy moves to that shield facing, than auto balance to finish is ridiculous.

It would also be nice, if you actually tied some skill into how fast the shield energy is diverted from one facing to the next, or for that matter evenly diverted.

No matter what I will continue to use TT simply for the other abilities if they did change manual distributing to match the speed and efficiency of TT, and it doesn't hurt to have a little automatic help when your fingers need be keying something else from time to time.

So all I am really asking is for the Dev's like so many other's, to please quicken the reaction timing all around efficiency of manual shield distribution to equally match TT's is all, that's not a lot to ask for.

And thnx for all the replies player's.
But that's the problem, you allow people to distribute at anything close to that speed and you diminish the value of tactical team. Sure people use it for tactical debuffs but that is mainly a PvP thing.

Should distributing shields be moved away from having an ability do it? Sure, I'm all for it. However we need a reason to use tactical team outside of clearing buffs and the small damage buff it is based on crew. I mean wasn't this the reason it got shield distribution in the first place? That it was such a rubbish ability few people used it.
------
It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
This is the last thing I will post.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,022
# 18
02-26-2014, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpharma View Post
But that's the problem, you allow people to distribute at anything close to that speed and you diminish the value of tactical team.
^^ Yeah, exactly this!

Moreover, you'd be giving ppl a means to do TT's shield distro sans TT even! And 'manual' isn't so manual, really: ppl would just cycle the 'Distribute [to Fore] Shield' automagically.

Quote:
Should distributing shields be moved away from having an ability do it? Sure, I'm all for it. However we need a reason to use tactical team outside of clearing buffs and the small damage buff it is based on crew. I mean wasn't this the reason it got shield distribution in the first place? That it was such a rubbish ability few people used it.
Well, I kinda like TT's shield distro. Primarily because it's so fast, of course. It's a bit of a Catch-22: remove the (potent) shield distro from TT, and people would come up short on their defense capability; move TT's same (potent) shield distro to manual, and you really haven't removed anything at all.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,022
# 19
02-26-2014, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
TT's not an immunity - it's a CoT (cleanse over time). It ticks...and thus, it's possible to sync APB/APD between those ticks.
Thanks for the clarification.
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 734
# 20
03-01-2014, 03:38 AM
I've had a thought, what if engineering or sci team's shield distribution didn't last as long? Tac team's tactical debuff clearing lasts for 10 seconds while eng team and sci team's clearing lasts for 5 seconds, so what if tac team has 10 second shield distribution with 5 seconds down (for two copies/doff buffed tac team) and eng and sci team only distribute shields for 5 out of 15 seconds? That would give all the teams shield distribution but preserve tac team's shield distribution as the best... thoughts?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:34 PM.