Lt. Commander
If it wasn't for the fact that this game is 80% space combat (or so it seems so far) this would be a game breaker.

I can't change or customize my uniform. And I'm not just talking about not be able to switch out of the uniform i chose when i selected my character, I can't switch from a uniform that the game arbitrarily gave to me.

I was fine until i got to the Earth Spacedock. It was at that time my character appeared in this ugly blue and red spandex. So I figure," This is a new game, ill just go change it back." So I go to the customize uniform guy and what do i see? Im in the uniform that I want. So i figure its a TOS Uniform problem. I try it again just so I can give the bug report some substance and here are some details:

-I get this error every so often as soon as I enter the Customize Uniform screen: Costume validation for player error: Name:Buk, BoneStm_Uniformmupper, Geo M_Uniform_Tos_01, hGeoDef is restricted, failed costume restriction check

-I reenter my Steam deluxe download key (which gives access to TOS Uniforms) and it says its already in use by me.

- When I click "Hide Equipment" the Uniform goes away and Im in the red and blue spandex, which is what I show up in on the ground.

-When i click "show equipment" the uniform i want is there but after i "purchase" Im still in the spandex.

- I treid other uniforms but none work: every time I leave the "cutomize uniform" screen Im in the same blue and red spandex super hero suit.

- the customize uniform guy charges me everytime I try to change. Its getting expensive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Wlad
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 09:39 AM
I get those same types of errors when I'm using any unlocked costume pieces on my character. This includes the TNG Movie and Series Costumes, the DS9 Costume, the TOS Costume, the WOK Admiral's Costume, and the Liberated Borg eyepieces.

I can remove them from my character to get rid of the errors, but then I can't put them back on. Also, none of the Bridge Officers can use the costume pieces, either.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 09:47 AM
For the sake of thoroughness, here is a link to a screenshot.

Uniform Errors

On another note, I am also having issues wearing any rank above Lieutenant on my Uniform, even though I am a Commander.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Where is the "customize uniform" guy?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-13-2010, 02:00 AM
I'm getting the exact same error messages. I t happens when I try use TOS uniforms...when I enter the customisation screen it says that my uniform has changed, but in the game world I still have the old uniform that I had on previously
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-23-2010, 01:09 PM
I likewise have this issue. The red error message went away after I removed the rank emblems.... but now, I cant change my uniform to anything else. It even seems that most other players have this terrible "spandix" uniform displayed now.

I hate the look of this.... even after all the money wasted trying to change uniforms, I would gladly pay to get my original uniform back!!!
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-23-2010, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonLPC-Lady
Where is the "customize uniform" guy?
IIRC, at Earthdock, he's in Requisitions, standing next to the giant hologram figure.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-24-2010, 05:40 AM
It turns out that the "Spandix" looking uniform is actually the armor you have equiped from inventory.

Remove the armor, and your uniform should display.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-24-2010, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom_Hues
It turns out that the "Spandix" looking uniform is actually the armor you have equiped from inventory.

Remove the armor, and your uniform should display.
Which you do by going into your status screen, and right-clicking on the armor in the slot. Choose "Hide from Costume".

You can do the same with kits, if you want, and with your BOff Armors.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-24-2010, 08:09 PM
try unequiping armor and kit then try again. It helped me everytime I level and go to the clothing store.