Lt. Commander
# 21
02-05-2010, 02:03 PM
I actually think Miral Paris is the most realistic of name droppings. She's just an average Starfleet officer, head of security on a starship. The fact that she's the Kuvah'Magh (maybe) just means that she's significant to lots of other people; she hasn't done anything spectacular herself.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-05-2010, 03:00 PM
I just wonder about one thing...

According to some info I've read on the ST wiki (memory beta), apparently in some official books Janeway was killed (around 2380, or 2381), and the history of Borg was completely unveiled, and they were destroyed (or actually - absorbed into some alien culture) - yet we see the Borg still in a pretty good shape in the game.

Also, has anyone met/heard about other DS9 characters (my favourite series) making an appeariance in STO? Especially Ezri (or some other Dax carrier), Julian, Sisko, Kira, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Haamre you're right, Janeway did die in the books (Around about 2378 ish I thik), well first she got assimilated then the ship was destroyed. The alien culture you refer to are called the Caeliar (it was humans who are ultimately respomsible for the creation of the borg after the Columbia interfered with the Caeliar's work). A Cealiar bonded with a Maco from the Columbia and it became the first Borg after travelling thousands of years into the past and ending up on a frozen wasteland. Read star trek destiny books 1, 2 and 3.
Worf is actually first officer on the Enterprise in 2381 so I dont know what happens to him after that.
Ezri is in command of the Aventine in 2381 (After the captain and first officer get killed she takes over apparently), a Vesta class ship.
Riker is in command of Titan studying the far reaches of federation space 2379-2381.

p.s. dont read the j m dillard books if you can help it, unless you read at Junior grade that is