Captain
personally i like the tactical version because of the following reasons:
5/3 weapon slots
5 tac
3 sci
2 engiee
almost perfect cloak (seriously, i compared it to my T'varo against a fleetie, and in my T'varo, he could see me at roughly 2km distance, but in the schimitar, he couldn't see untill 0.2km)
the set consoles and set bonuses are not useless! (i know many people think the thalaron pulse is useless, and for PvP it is, but for PvE it is really a ton of fun to use )
and of course, the ever so epic romulan drone ships

so why do YOU like the schimitar? DISCUSS!
watch my youtube show!
SYNERGY FOUNDRY PLAYTHROUGHS
where i play and record foundry mission along with my co-host Admiral_ghost_000!
have a mission for us to record? send an in-game mail to @imadude3 http://www.youtube.com/user/softgunforever
Empire Veteran
# 2
02-28-2014, 06:13 AM
Big green pulse of DOOOOOOOM
Which one will you be?

Career Officer
# 3
02-28-2014, 06:22 AM
Because it's good.
Iconian? A label created by the Dewans to give voice to their destruction.
In the end, what they chose to call us is irrelevant.
We simply... are.

Captain
# 4
02-28-2014, 06:27 AM
Dislike it due to it being a god ship, outgunning anything else in the game with ease, when only Romulans (the most OP fraction of them all) can fly it. This ship was responisble for deleting that 3kb file in the game that said Balance. Before the ship, at least it had 3 kb. Now its gone. You see 90% of the Rommies in one. It is yet to meet its equal.
Not knowing something isn't a sign of stupidity, not asking is.
WE NEED THE EXCELSIOR ERA BRIDGES INGAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Undine of Ganalda - a forum light RP game
Proud leader of Delta Task Force
Career Officer
# 5
02-28-2014, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahmkota19 View Post
Dislike it due to it being a god ship, outgunning anything else in the game with ease, when only Romulans (the most OP fraction of them all) can fly it. This ship was responisble for deleting that 3kb file in the game that said Balance. Before the ship, at least it had 3 kb. Now its gone. You see 90% of the Rommies in one. It is yet to meet its equal.
THIS!

They've also turned ISE into a two minute snoozefest for anyone who isn't flying one.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
# 6
02-28-2014, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahmkota19 View Post
that very much depends. i've destroyer a few Scimitars while fleet pvping, and i am as far from a pvp player you'll probably ever see
watch my youtube show!
where i play and record foundry mission along with my co-host Admiral_ghost_000!
have a mission for us to record? send an in-game mail to @imadude3 http://www.youtube.com/user/softgunforever
Captain
# 7
02-28-2014, 06:39 AM
It isnt my cup of tea, but i am glad others do it in STFs so i dont have to.

I like the mogai/valdore from Nemesis. The D'deridex is pretty. My preferred ships are torpedo boats. Nothing about the Scimitar in terms of looks or playstyle is me, but i like seeing them on my side.

Maybe the Scimitar should have been a lockbox ship or something, but the genie is out of the bottle.

Probably another reason to avoid pvp though.
Nessia (KDF Sci), IKS Aluminum Falcon (B'rel Retrofit)

Swimsuits: People will pay almost any price to let their characters show a little skin... any price except joining the KDF.
Career Officer
# 8
02-28-2014, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imadude3 View Post
that very much depends. i've destroyer a few Scimitars while fleet pvping, and i am as far from a pvp player you'll probably ever see
All that means is that the person flying it was bad. The Scimitar is very much a god ship. That doesn't mean that everyone who has one can fly it well.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Captain
# 9
02-28-2014, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lan451 View Post
All that means is that the person flying it was bad. The Scimitar is very much a god ship. That doesn't mean that everyone who has one can fly it well.
as i said, it very much depends
watch my youtube show!
Captain
# 10
02-28-2014, 06:56 AM
Because I like the look of the Scimitar and Falchion hulls.

Though there should have been a free version with only the scimitar hull with vastly reduced stats as a counterpoint to the free Oddy and Bortas in the fleet store.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.