Lt. Commander
# 1 Downtime suggestion
02-05-2010, 12:21 AM
First and foremost, I have really been enjoying the game, what I have played of it thus far...
...would love to have played more of it, but you see there is this downtime thing which lands smack bang in the middle of peak evening Aussie playtime.

The way I see it, 3am to 5am (Cryptic local) is a pretty nasty time for those poor Cryptic technicians to be working those hampster wheels. I mean we are talking about a point of the morning where your metabolism is at its lowest point - VERY bad for the health of our treasured Cryptic technicians.

Soooo, my suggestion is - shift the downtime forward a few hours, say 5am to 7am, or even 6am to 8am.
A much healthier timeslot for our Cryptic techies, and a great way to keep your aussie players as happy as a drop bear in a barrel of bundaberg rum!

So what do you say Cryptic???

Caveat: In no way is the content of this post a reflection of personal agenda or selfish desire to play a ton more of your game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 12:25 AM
And kill it in bigger market zones? Like EU and US? Uh.. no.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 01:00 AM
pffft, what US are up at 4-7am playing STO? If they are, some down time would be good - make them get some sleep...you know that thing necessary for healthy function. lol
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaen View Post
First and foremost, I have really been enjoying the game, what I have played of it thus far...
...would love to have played more of it, but you see there is this downtime thing which lands smack bang in the middle of peak evening Aussie playtime.

The way I see it, 3am to 5am (Cryptic local) is a pretty nasty time for those poor Cryptic technicians to be working those hampster wheels. I mean we are talking about a point of the morning where your metabolism is at its lowest point - VERY bad for the health of our treasured Cryptic technicians.

Soooo, my suggestion is - shift the downtime forward a few hours, say 5am to 7am, or even 6am to 8am.
A much healthier timeslot for our Cryptic techies, and a great way to keep your aussie players as happy as a drop bear in a barrel of bundaberg rum!

So what do you say Cryptic???

Caveat: In no way is the content of this post a reflection of personal agenda or selfish desire to play a ton more of your game.
I agree...

Two nights in a row is a bit much, there are other time frames that are less hurtful to all timezones.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 02:46 AM
ive said this before but us aussies shouldnt complain about it being
our prime time since we technically shouldnt even have the game yet
since it doesnt get released her till the 11th

it is annoying since i got the digital copy to tide me over till i get me
collecters edition on the 11th and have the down time but no point
worrying about it since i shouldnt have it at all lol
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 04:52 AM
I understand completely that this is a game launch scenario and that patches are always heavy at the beginning, but I do remember a thread along these lines for another MMO I play, which was much miore aggressive and negative (none of which I wanted to be here)...it did, however gain the attention of the Devs and subsequently we witnessed a downtime temporal shift - pretty much as a direct result of that thread - I know Devs read the forums hence this thread.

Come on aussies speak up! Oh and the whole 'we shouldn't officially have the game yet' is irrelevant - merchants were able to sell the game internationally, thus there should be some global comment on the game.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 04:57 AM
I've got alot off issues with Cryptic, but I have to hand it to them, this update was mentioned well in advance this time, so it didn't seem so bad to me. 1 more hour-ish to go, i'm sure you all have something else to do in that time!
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 05:00 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2010, 05:01 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2010, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaen View Post
Come on aussies speak up! Oh and the whole 'we shouldn't officially have the game yet' is irrelevant - merchants were able to sell the game internationally, thus there should be some global comment on the game.
hardly irrelevant butt whatevs no point argueing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild_NRG
new zealander's scare me xD they come here u think ther from here then they say things like chips, and fish and other words in ther crazy accents it catches ya off guard xD