Lt. Commander
# 111
10-16-2008, 12:01 PM
simply amazing. moar please!
Lt. Commander
I think the terra shot looked pretty good. I also think the charicters are headed in the right direction, but not quite there yet. Example: look at the chacters in Guild Wars. If we're gonna have 'Mini-Skirts' (go Kirk!) the should look good.
Lt. Commander
# 113
10-17-2008, 04:11 AM
Great pics These should put a stop to people complaining about the graphics, and fi they still complain, they should sod right off
Lt. Commander
# 114 Characterizations
10-17-2008, 04:22 AM
It may seem strange, but the first thing I noticed about the character portraits is that all of their lips had a red tint. Correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that lips are red because they have more (red) blood near the surface of the skin. But if a character's blood is suposedly green, or blue, or some other color, then that is the color the lips should expose. Having lips tinted red while the charcter has blood of another color is incongruent with the laws of nature....
Lt. Commander
# 115
10-17-2008, 09:41 AM
Your name is disturbingly close to mine!

*random comment*
Lt. Commander
# 116
10-17-2008, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonadlai View Post
Wow. Those character models are incredible. If that's how they look in-game... then I will be very, very pleased.
Agreed. Those are all incredible screen shots... now I just want to make sure that they release this game for either 360 or PS3 so I don't have to go buy a top of the line Alienware to make it look that good on my screen, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 117 Just thinking....
10-17-2008, 10:47 PM
I really really like the customization feature...awesome! I also love the screen shots...but if there is something I really want to see is a starship grave yard! That would be awesome!
Lt. Commander
# 118 Ship's Lights
10-20-2008, 06:54 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong (as I'm certain someone inevitably will,) but aren't the red & green navigation lights on the starships on the wrong sides? Isn't the old saying "red, right passing," meaning the red light is on the RIGHT side (from your perspective) if another ship is passing you? i.e., 2 ships travelling in the same direction should be lit red/green, and passing should be lit green/red.

I thought perhaps the image was just flipped, but the registration markings seem to be correct.

Anyone else notice this?
Lt. Commander
# 119
10-20-2008, 08:46 AM
i like the eye candy, and i hope they don't break canon. which as much research as they doing they proly wont
Lt. Commander
# 120
10-20-2008, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryxx View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong (as I'm certain someone inevitably will,) but aren't the red & green navigation lights on the starships on the wrong sides? Isn't the old saying "red, right passing," meaning the red light is on the RIGHT side (from your perspective) if another ship is passing you? i.e., 2 ships travelling in the same direction should be lit red/green, and passing should be lit green/red.

I thought perhaps the image was just flipped, but the registration markings seem to be correct.

Anyone else notice this?
Gah! My apologies, the ships I was referring to are in the Wallpaper section, not the Screenshots. So, though my source was a bit off, my observation still stands.