Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Sometimes my bridge officer space abilities get their key binds scrambled up. I've somehow gotten one to slot 0, where alt-0 would activate it. I think the whole keybind/taskbar system needs to have a pass by development. I would be all in favor of increasing the size of the task bar. It's easy enough to move around all the UI elements (which is good when you switch resolutions), so why not let us have longer bars?
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-07-2010, 12:00 PM
there are a large num,ber of hidden keybind options. most are explained here :

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=66110

experiment at your own risk!

but for a few nice butons i use

Numpad0 "UseTraySlot0 0"
F7 "PowerLevel_Preset_0"
F8 "PowerLevel_Preset_1"
F9 "PowerLevel_Preset_2"
F10 "PowerLevel_Preset_3"
End "GenButtonClick PowerLevel_Preset_1$$+TrayExecByTray 0 7$$+Power_Exec Reroute_Shields_Rear"
HOME "GenButtonClick PowerLevel_Preset_0$$+Power_Exec Reroute_Shields_Forward$$+TrayExecByTray 0 6"

this game has an near ininite nmber ofhidden options and commands. get to work! <S>
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-17-2010, 07:21 AM
i use an old control device "miscrosoft strategic commander" and ive used it for years i even have a spare , but im used to useing 12 strip commands so i realy miss not having the " - and = keys set to 11 and 12 .
It says you can set them up in the options but without haveing them on screen in the form of action bar its useless PLEASE PLEASE fix this
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-06-2011, 03:15 PM
I hate to resurrect this old thread, but this is still an issue. I'm a razor naga mouse user, and having those two columns missing in the hot bars, does make it rough at times.

Yes, I have been binding stuff to the key itself to remedy this issue, but it really is a pain. Really, there are a lot of solutions, but it would just be nice to have it in game. I mean really, with the hot keys already set in the key binds for minus and plus, I would think there was some headway from the developers on this issue.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-06-2011, 09:06 PM
Wait till tomorrow. your problem will be solved.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-08-2011, 10:36 AM
It would be great that we have 12 abilities in the task bar because it would be nice with the new shooter system, because (and thats is pure egoism) i have all abilites and all sprays of one line and dont need the r and t button .

Greetings

Jack