Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 981
# 21
02-27-2014, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeykoric View Post
This is a result of the newest patch of Feb. 27th in which we gained extra bank slots. Opening the bank tab, I had to re-size and slot my items as I need them to be. I then exited the bank. I returned to the bank to find that the bank re-sized to its original size and none of my items were slotted as I had them. I had to re-size the bank to what I had before and the items auto slotted to where I had them. Leaving the bank and returning, the bank again reset to its smaller size and none of my items were slotted as I need them to be. Please correct the issue that is causing the bank not to remember it new size and item location when re sized. Thank you.
Known issue...
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 809
# 22
02-27-2014, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
Thank you for the report. This has been verified and added to the info on the Bank window resize issue. If one closes the window and reopens it, resizing is again available with the limit that it will not stay resized after closing.

I'll take responsibility for this one in that I tested the additional slots being added to the bank. It did not occur to me to test the window resizing as well. Now I know better and won't make the same mistake again.
lol we'll let you off Frost ... just this once lol

* The loadout wheel of fortune - Round and round it goes, what it'll remove, nobody knows! *
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 721
# 23
02-27-2014, 01:32 PM
I wish I saw this thread earlier. After painfully sorting the bank how it works best for me *bäm* everything messed up again.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 148
# 24
02-27-2014, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
Thank you for the report. This has been verified and added to the info on the Bank window resize issue. If one closes the window and reopens it, resizing is again available with the limit that it will not stay resized after closing.

I'll take responsibility for this one in that I tested the additional slots being added to the bank. It did not occur to me to test the window resizing as well. Now I know better and won't make the same mistake again.
Not sure if it's been said before, but I'll say it now...

Thank you for giving feedback, explaining things, and if things are a mistake associated with you, apologizing and working to fix it. It's great to see, because it shows developers that care about the game. Gives great material for counterarguments to the people who say you guys don't notice, care, or take responsibility for these sorts of things.
Fleet Leader of the first completed T5 Shipyard on Holodeck (January 24, 2013)
Part of the first team to beat the No Win Scenario (both KDF and Fed)
It's been a long road, getting from there to here~
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 186
# 25
02-27-2014, 03:07 PM
Was just about to report this issue.

When you close the bank window and open it again, it stays at a narrow 2-row and only way to fix is to relog.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,856
# 26
02-27-2014, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
I'll take responsibility for this one in that I tested the additional slots being added to the bank. It did not occur to me to test the window resizing as well. Now I know better and won't make the same mistake again.
Since you are the one who tested this, can you confirm something for me. The dev blog stated that each character would get 18 inventory slots and 12 bank slots, and that is indeed the case for silver players. But lifetime subscribers got 24 inventory slots and 24 banks slots (on max-level characters). I'm not sure what monthly subscribers got. Are lifetime subscribers supposed to get extra slots? Some people won't like my reporting this. But if it's a bug and not a feature, it's better that you fix it now rather than months later.
Cryptic Studios Team
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,276
# 27
02-27-2014, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post
Since you are the one who tested this, can you confirm something for me. The dev blog stated that each character would get 18 inventory slots and 12 bank slots, and that is indeed the case for silver players. But lifetime subscribers got 24 inventory slots and 24 banks slots (on max-level characters). I'm not sure what monthly subscribers got. Are lifetime subscribers supposed to get extra slots? Some people won't like my reporting this. But if it's a bug and not a feature, it's better that you fix it now rather than months later.
All subscribers, monthly and lifetime, should get the same amounts. And yes, subscribers are supposed to get extras.
Career Officer
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,744
# 28
02-27-2014, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
Thanks for the report. I'll get this written up.
While you're at it, could you ask them to look at why the quick equip window won't stay where it is placed on screen nor will it stay resized? Both ground and space quick equip windows.

Edit: In list view it is hard to see all of the text since some is cut off horizontally. I can stretch the quick equip window so I can see the text but the next time I click an equipment slot, ground or space, it is back to its smallest size. Also when I click an equipment slot, the window appears just to the left of the slot. I can drag the window over and move it around but the next slot I click in it will be right back to the left of it. This makes it hard when clicking a far right ship weapon slot. The window covers up the left slots and it's hard to see what all I have equipped in the slots.

Last edited by monkeybone13; 02-27-2014 at 10:39 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 64
# 29
02-28-2014, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmox64 View Post
Also, please add a "Lock all windows" option, so windows can not be accidentally moved.

Please fix ASAP. Little interface / visual issues drive me nuts.
I've seen this requested many times over the years and, tbh, I've now given up on it ever being implemented! It's great that Cryptic provided the ability to customise the entire UI layout to such an extent and that you can save your UI layout so that every character can then load that layout but the fact that they didn't include a "Lock all windows" option is a glaring omission! That should be a basic function to include when you provide the ability to customise the entire UI layout to the extent that you can in STO!

On topic, I hope it doesn't take too long for Cryptic to fix the issue with the bank window resizing to default every time it's closed!
Playing STO since August 2010
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,856
# 30
02-28-2014, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
All subscribers, monthly and lifetime, should get the same amounts. And yes, subscribers are supposed to get extras.
Thank you for responding. To clarify, I meant extra slots in addition to the extra I already had.

Silver
Inventory: Increased from 42 slots to 60 slots (+18).
Bank: Increased from 48 slots to 60 slots (+12).

Gold
Inventory: Increased from 72 slots to 96 slots (+24).
Bank: Increased from 108 slots to 132 slots (+24).

If that's intended, then great.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:40 AM.