Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 51
03-14-2014, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
From the programmer who worked on this: "The size of the bank tab will be forgotten if the window is moved while on the account bank tab, [...]
... and then it will re-remember its size when you switch back to the character tab and move the window again before closing it.
It seems the custom size is only forgotten if the last move before closing the window was done with the account tab open.

Here are the steps to reproduce this behaviour:
10 open the bank
20 switch to account tab
30 move window
40 switch to character tab
50 move window
55 optional: goto 20
60 optional: switch back and forth between account and character tabs, but don't move the window
70 close window
80 optional: log out and/or restart the client
90 open the bank; it now has the same size it had when you closed it

So, if you move your bank window around, remember to do it with the character tab open just before closing the window.

p.s.: Todays patch completed and the behaviour remains as described above.

Last edited by solemkof; 03-14-2014 at 09:31 AM. Reason: updated after patch
Career Officer
# 52
03-14-2014, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
From the programmer who worked on this: "The size of the bank tab will be forgotten if the window is moved while on the account bank tab, but as long as the window remains in the same place switching between the tabs (regardless of how many times the window is opened and closed in the meantime), the bank tab will remember its size."

That's how it works, and is apparently the best that could be done with the limitations of our engine and in the time that was available.

So, don't move the window when the account tab is open.
That's not how it worked before. This problem didn't occur until the day you guys increased the cap on the amount of character bank slots players can purchase from the c-store, as well as increasing the amount of free slots everybody gets.

My only guess is they changed something with the game engine and now they can't undo that or fix this problem without breaking everything else in between (not like it's stopped you before LoL).

And all you're doing is telling us "It's broke and can't be fixed. Deal with it.".......which is what my therapist said to my mom when I was a teenager.
Career Officer
# 53
04-05-2014, 04:01 PM
Getting really annoying now. I can launch the game, log into a character and open the bank. It will open on the character tab and the window is resized. So it no longer requires you to move the window because it is resizing itself on its own at random times on random characters.