Lt. Commander
# 1 Cryptic!! Please....
02-04-2010, 10:01 AM
Cryptic thank you for a great patch and keep up the good work but….. This is a MMO and there is no real social aspect of the game… What I mean by this is that there is no real place to hang out and do things other than grind though the next mission. For instance I personally like Risa.

I go there when I need to afk for a bit and sometimes I’ll sit there when I go on the forums. But in all honesty there needs to be more to do there. Shops, Crafting, Let us make our own cloths.. Why do we need to be in a uniform ALL THE TIME? This is the ONLY MMO I have played that I can’t change my cloths at will.

I want to put on shorts and sit on the beach at RISA. Heck I would like to just sit around crafting for a bit too. In short we need more stuff to do OTHER than grind though the game content. This is the immersion that I was talking about and got flamed for in another post…

There now that I have spoke my mind please go ahead and flame =)
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momurda View Post
Cryptic thank you for a great patch and keep up the good work but….. This is a MMO and there is no real social aspect of the game… What I mean by this is that there is no real place to hang out and do things other than grind though the next mission. For instance I personally like Risa.

I go there when I need to afk for a bit and sometimes I’ll sit there when I go on the forums. But in all honesty there needs to be more to do there. Shops, Crafting, Let us make our own cloths.. Why do we need to be in a uniform ALL THE TIME? This is the ONLY MMO I have played that I can’t change my cloths at will.

I want to put on shorts and sit on the beach at RISA. Heck I would like to just sit around crafting for a bit too. In short we need more stuff to do OTHER than grind though the game content. This is the immersion that I was talking about and got flamed for in another post…

There now that I have spoke my mind please go ahead and flame =)
i think you have a great idea. in the shows please talk about taking leave on risa. also getting to a holo deck to chill and let some steam off.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 10:23 AM
I'd enjoy this. I mean, we have replicators, why can't we use them at will? "Computer, civilian clothing - t-shirt, blue jeans, ball cap." 2000 energy credits later, bam. I'm hanging out on Risa and not getting looked at for being an uptight military guy who can't even enjoy the pleasure planet because he insists on staying in uniform.

We're collecting all these resources from anomalies that are supposed to let us upgrade weapons and the like at Memory Alpha, but why can't we throw them in our replicators and design our own things?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 10:36 AM
I would really like a DEV to post about this kind of thing... There are no notes or updates on the website about it and its EXTREAMLY important to a MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momurda View Post
I would really like a DEV to post about this kind of thing... There are no notes or updates on the website about it and its EXTREAMLY important to a MMO.
i agree this needs a Dev post. this is a great idea for this mmo for a more social aspect
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 11:10 AM
I support this idea. Especially the idea of holodecks as well.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 11:12 AM
The only social aspect to the game i've experienced so far is Gold spammers and Infractions from Mods lol
Goooooooo Cryptic :p
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2010, 11:14 AM
definitely have to agree here.

That or a lot of the people in this game are just unsociable creatures...

Or have not noticed the chat box in the lower left
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-04-2010, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CougarUK View Post

Or have not noticed the chat box in the lower left
The chatbox is not the point of this post.. I would like ways to enjoy the game that doesnt involve doing missions.. I dont think this is a unreasonable request in a MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-04-2010, 11:54 AM
I definitly agree that there needs to be more to do besides the main game. I know it's a new MMO and they really need to focus on making the core game good, but after they do that it would be wonderful to add in some extras.