Lt. Commander
Well if you're annoyed that Birds of Prey can cloak in the middle of battle and escape their weapons lock from you to go away and heal, read on.

I've only done this in T2 Science so far so i cant say for other ship classes but what you need to do is simply to lay close to the BoP in battle, crank up you Aux power to max and when he tries to cloak, you will still see him and still be able to kill him.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripshredder View Post
Well if you're annoyed that Birds of Prey can cloak in the middle of battle and escape their weapons lock from you to go away and heal, read on.

I've only done this in T2 Science so far so i cant say for other ship classes but what you need to do is simply to lay close to the BoP in battle, crank up you Aux power to max and when he tries to cloak, you will still see him and still be able to kill him.
Also if you can get into 5km of him before he cloaks or even if you suspect you are in range after, Charged Particle Burst is an excellent option.

I was reluctant to take it at first since it seemed like a pvp only skill, but after using it last night, it is very relevant and useful in pve. It scales with aux power. I dropped into a group of +2 cruisers last night +bunch of naga fighters. I'm still using mark I and II gear in my T2 science vessel. I was able to kill them all using a combination of EPS/CPB/and Science Team.

Personally I'd like to see the range of CPB also expand based on either points invested or aux power (preferably) out to a max of say 7.5 km.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 07:30 AM
Lies!

It's uncounterable! Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.