Lt. Commander
Currently Romulans have a rediculous imbalance on ground combat.

If there is a 'shield healer' (Centurions) anywhere near a Centurion Medic the encounter becomes a stalemate. I cannot beat them and they cannot beat me. I've sat there fighting for 20+ minutes in one of these before. The Centurion shield heal prevents me from damaging the medic, and if I kill a Centurion the Medic can keep him healed or at least revive him (even if I disintegrate them which I feel is BS).

The Medics should either not have shields, or you should not put them in groups with Centurions. They are the only race in the game that has this issue and it makes the entire Romulan space very frustrating.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-15-2010, 06:24 PM
I feel a difference when I fight romulans as well. I generally use melee on the medic until they are nolonger present. (a bat'leth is handy if you don't have one check the exchange)
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-15-2010, 09:34 PM
I've found that the trick is to hit the medic hard and fast. Give 'em everything you've got to knock them out before the centurion can recharge their shields. Also knockback helps.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-15-2010, 11:54 PM
I always target the medic first. If you have to, switch targets occasionally and face punch the centurion to keep him occupied while the rest of your team continues to dogpile the medic.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-16-2010, 12:23 AM
Very simple solution

have your away team target the medic while you target the shield healer, if you're damaging his shields he'll just keep healing his own shields while your four bridge crew are dealing more dmg to the medic than he can heal.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-16-2010, 10:02 AM
Though I agree the romulans are slightly overpowered... I enjoy the challenge. It's not particularly time-consuming unless 2 or more romulan medics are present. I find a bat'leth works well on them ( Yes I'm federation , not a klingon :p). As posted above, you can find a strategy to take them out.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-16-2010, 06:29 PM
There is a large difference between challenge and tedium. This has got to change.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-17-2010, 05:21 AM
Playing KDF at level 13 - my klingon has basic ground skills, but faced little ground combat due to the way things are setup. He took an exploration mission - kill 5 groups of federation.

Group 1: An officer engineer, an ensign medic, a combat medic, a couple more engineers and security officers.

I eventually managed to spam bat'leth on the combat medic whilst my team got the ensign medic far enough away to kill her, I missed a bat'leth attack and the combat medic res'ed her. Did it again, and then spammed the combat medic for longer - eventually he seemed to lose the ability to res the ensign.

After that I decided life was too short and quit the mission.

- combat medics should not be able to res NPCs, they're more than good enough without that.
- engineer NPCs are crazily overpowered.
- additionally science/tac npcs are a complete waste of space.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-21-2010, 09:48 PM
The only NPC I've seen that is way overpowered by itself is the Swordmaster.. but when you combo the Romulan healers with Centurions it gets nutty.

I did find a new tactic to help deal with them and it got me through Romulan space relatively easily. I send 2 away team after the Centurion and 2 after the medic. I go after the Medic also. If there are 2 centurions I take one guy off the medic and put him on the Centuriion.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-21-2010, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoriz
Currently Romulans have a rediculous imbalance on ground combat.

If there is a 'shield healer' (Centurions) anywhere near a Centurion Medic the encounter becomes a stalemate. I cannot beat them and they cannot beat me. I've sat there fighting for 20+ minutes in one of these before. The Centurion shield heal prevents me from damaging the medic, and if I kill a Centurion the Medic can keep him healed or at least revive him (even if I disintegrate them which I feel is BS).

The Medics should either not have shields, or you should not put them in groups with Centurions. They are the only race in the game that has this issue and it makes the entire Romulan space very frustrating.
step 1: unequip all weapons on you and your boffs

step 2: meelee the medics to death, meelee bypasses shields

step 3: meelee the shield healers to death

step 4: profit!