Lt. Commander
# 31
02-16-2010, 12:36 PM
I've posted my own testings and findings in to this thread:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=119521

Please review and comment. I will repost in to this thread if needed and request a deletion of my original thread.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-16-2010, 12:57 PM
A couple things I noted from my adventures with this, there is no raid interface. You can team up but that is limited to the few who fit in a team. Not a big deal, yes BUT don't forget how many people simply ignore zone chatter. Between the spammers and their gold, the constant chatter about the spammers and their gold and then those who want to chatter away about what their pet fake gold fish girlfriend is doing has gotten many to ignore zone chatter.

Screaming in Zone to not shoot the fragments or to circle at 9k, etc, does little to nothing. With no raid chat, it's like talking to a brick wall that is actively ignoring you. Add to that, few even use the forums and there are no sites with all the tricks - it will be a while for many to realize how to do this mission. I tried last night and gave up after the seven time to 28% only to watch it shoot back to 80% in seconds.
Lt. Commander
This entity should be so easy to destroy it should be a single player mission. The Ent-D as yu all know used a harmonic frequency with that woman who was carzed with revenge for her son that she started a harmonic transmission that set the crystalline structure into a resonance and the entity fragmented. The mission should be you having to activate harmonic generators while trying to survive an attack by the being.
Lt. Commander
# 34 Message from a Noob
03-26-2010, 09:55 AM
Sometimes I click too fast and miss the message so I simply use J and read the things I miss. However, there is NO INFO that I could find about the CE Miision upon entering it. I had to come here to learn about it which is a bit distressing for some - since they want to play - not read posts all day long. I can't tell you how many hours I've spent trying to learn about training bridge officers (why are the square horizontal and ground then space, and when you click on assigned players its verticle and space then ground? very inconsistant, and assigned away teams have their skills in reverse rank order geez!) and what the heck is the Fleet bank (which I still can't discover with the whimpy search engine on here).

Despite all that, I was yelled at asking why I was deploying mines the first time I went into fight. I was like ahh they fire automatically? then I'm told they heal the CE. So I spend everything I have to get all phasers on my ship and head back but no one was doing the CE anymore.

After reading this I find even more rules / strategy about how to fight the CE.

It would be nice if your science officer spoke up and said > our mines seem to be regenerating the CE!!! but is that asking too much? or Large shards have stolen your hull armor and are feeding the CE!! Something! but no... my BO's are staring at the screen saysing.... WOW... we're going to die.

But I agree with others here, with my experience from other online games - I think being able to form a fleet before hand and jumping into a private instance would be a really great feature.
Lt. Commander
# 35
06-10-2010, 02:00 AM
i've tried this 4 times and have given up someone always messes up you say don't use mines they say the forums say you can you tell em bout this thread they won't read it. it's terrible i just gave up on it
Lt. Commander
# 36
12-11-2010, 08:58 AM
Yeah, after trying this a few times, I'm giving up. All it takes is just a moron warping in and shooting at the fragments :-( sigh ....

IMO this should be changed to a private instance of some sorts...